Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Windows (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   PT 9 Windows - Gui requests (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=297154)

olamo 03-18-2011 03:11 AM

PT 9 Windows - Gui requests

1. Wonder why you still can't maximize the edit window to get rid of the edit window title bar?

2. And please let us have the mixer window available outside the Pro Tools window frame (similar to the video Window)

3. Speaking of the video Window; please add the option fullscreen, not only fit screen. I want to dedicate my 3rd screen to video output only, meaning letterboxed and scaled with nothing else disturbing the video view. I know you can do this with dedicated hardware/firewire, but why not with the internal video window?

Best regards,
Ola

Irish916 03-18-2011 08:56 AM

Re: PT 9 Windows - Gui requests

I would absolutely second #2 on your list. If someone knows how to do this, please share. My understanding is that it's a limitation of the program. We need features to undock or float all windows for those of us who use multiple monitors.

GtrDude 03-18-2011 09:34 AM

Definitely like both suggestions very much.

I also have multiple monitors running HD2 and PT has very limited support.

GD

olamo 03-21-2011 01:15 AM

The Mac side of things are superior in terms of GUI - whonder why? :rolleyes:

olamo 04-12-2011 11:56 AM

bump

DarylG 04-12-2011 12:18 PM

I could hardly believe my eyes when I found that I couldn't get the Mixer window on my other monitor. This seems such a basic thing.

D

Webb 04-12-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarylG (Post 1781509)
I could hardly believe my eyes when I found that I couldn't get the Mixer window on my other monitor. This seems such a basic thing.

D

Why can't you? I have my edit window on one monitor and my mix window on another.

sunburst79 04-12-2011 01:01 PM

Google "Skootch"

Version4 is now in Beta.

1 and 2 are adressed. Not sure about 3

fakir_cz 04-12-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarylG (Post 1781509)

When I was on PC, I did this easily by dragging the PT desktop to both monitors (manually, maximize won't work) and then I could have anything anywhere.

Tom

DarylG 04-12-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fakir_cz (Post 1781535)
When I was on PC, I did this easily by dragging the PT desktop to both monitors (manually, maximize won't work) and then I could have anything anywhere.

Tom

This only works if both monitors have the same resolution. As my second monitor is an LCD TV, this doesn't work.

D