Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   002R Lots of problems: Tools, logic, reason, iBook (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=112808)

Liam M 08-07-2004 04:42 AM

002R Lots of problems: Tools, logic, reason, iBook

I've got lots of questions I need answering so please have a look thru see if you can help me with anything. It'd be much appreciated.
I've got my new 002R and its looking rather sexy sat on my rack with my graphics and my akai etc. But I'm having a lot of trouble with trying to get various outputs going thru the 002 and syncing in programs etc.

1) Now I've got my 002R I want to be able to record the output of my sampler trggered from logic into protools. Any ideas how I can sync these up so I can hit sync and record in tools and play in logic and it'll record in? I know I can record audio in logic. I'll do that if its easier as long as the audio is time stamped. Ideas?

2) Having a killer time trying to get my reason to output thru my 002R. In the prefs I can select 002R but its got a cross at the side so nothing comes out (where as my iBook speakers can get an output). Any ideas why this is?

3) The spec of my iBook is 933 with 256. I know its not enough to do much in tools with as it will just munch processing time and just gets all confused and crashes or stops. Can anyone recommend good playback options for me such as DAE and hardware buffer levels that will allow me to do as much as possible but without it being stupidly slow?

4) I've been told I can get a 1gig stick of ram for this thing. Any ideas where?

Any and all help will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Liam

mersisblue 08-07-2004 09:39 AM

Re: 002R Lots of problems: Tools, logic, reason, iBook

1) try jack application , made by apple its free

2) No Idea

3) Set em all as high as they can go , Use audio suite

4)Apple store , Power max

Liam M 08-08-2004 12:54 AM

I dont think that the power max is compatible with my 933 G4. It only seems to be for 1 gig G4s. Thanks for the reply. Need someone to help me with the reason stuff now.

Slim Shady 08-08-2004 01:02 AM

1) Probably best to record the sampler into logic first, then import that audio into PT. If you record from the start of the session, or at least consildate the audio to bar 1 before importing it, you won't have any problems lining it up in PT.

2) have you installed the latest coreaudio driver for your system? you don't list your OS version, so check the PT compatibility docs and download pages for info. this of course is assuming you're running reason in standalone - if you're trying to run it via rewire, then you don't need to worry about setting an output in reason, it will output through whatever the rewire app is.

3 & 4) You absolutely must get more RAM, you're going to have a hell of a time with 256mb, I'm surprised PT will even launch. Go to OWC, their RAM meets all apple specs and is cheaper than buying from the applestore directly. There's no settings you can change to get better performance with only 256mb, upgrade ASAP.

mersisblue 08-08-2004 01:15 AM

power max is an apple store powermax.com

Liam M 08-08-2004 02:09 AM

I'd already downloaded the latest coreaudio driver. But I forgot to mention I'm using reason 2.0. According to the coreaudio specs it only works for 2.1, 2.5 and adapted. I'm gonna have to shell out even more cash now. FUN!
Thanks for the advice tho
Any ideas if I can run reason via rewire in ableton and get an output?

tele_player 08-08-2004 10:53 AM

Re: 002R Lots of problems: Tools, logic, reason, i

If you have a licensed copy of Reason 2.0, the upgrade to 2.5 is a free download, or a reasonably priced set of new CD's. Definitely check the propellerhead site.

Propellerhead is an amazing group of people. Reason is the most satisfying music software purchase I've made. Anybody else notice that it's almost bug-free?