Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   AIR Instruments, AAX Status and Upgrade Information (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=341527)

Samara Winterfeld [AIR] 07-09-2013 08:44 AM

AIR Instruments, AAX Status and Upgrade Information

Hi all,

My name is Samara Winterfeld and I am the Principal Product Manager at AIR. First, our sincere apologies for the confusion over the last week regarding Strike, Structure, Velvet, Hybrid, Transfuser and the Pro Tools Instrument Expansion Pack.

We have updated the FAQ on our website which clarifies and shows all the upgrade paths and pricing for these instruments. You can view this FAQ and others on the AIR website > Support > Knowledge Base.

We have added new features to all of these instruments in addition to AAX support. You can read all about the new features here:

Hybrid 2.0
Strike 2.0
Structure 2.0
Transfuser 2.0
Velvet 2.0

We don't have an exact release date yet. If you would like to be notified when these instruments are available you can sign up here.

Many thanks for your patience and understanding. If you have questions about the instruments themselves please feel free to let us know either here on the DUC or on our Community Support page.

Regards,

Samara Winterfeld
Principal Product Manager | AIR

john1192 07-09-2013 09:19 AM

Re: AIR Instruments, AAX Status and Upgrade Information

great news ... if we upgrade to 2.0 we will receive the AU and VST versions free when they come out ??? wishful thinking ... thank you Air Team ...

cheers

john

kaiserpathos 07-09-2013 09:36 AM

+1 Thanks Samara and AIR for the updates and info. I'm ready to upgrade to 2.0 when it comes out now! Thx again! :D

@john1192 - besides extended features/content one of the big "gets" with IEP 2 is the multi plug-in format. I would be willing to bet when we do the upgrade from PTIEP to AIR IEP2 we will get all supported plug formats as they come out.

Samara Winterfeld [AIR] 07-09-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john1192 (Post 2060718)
great news ... if we upgrade to 2.0 we will receive the AU and VST versions free when they come out ??? wishful thinking ... thank you Air Team ...

cheers

john

As soon as we have a better sense of when VST/AU support for Strike, Structure, Velvet, Hybrid and Transfuser 2.0 will be shipping we'll let you know.

Samara

LightWing 07-09-2013 10:06 AM

Thank you Samara! There are MANY credit cards waiting to be processed on the release of AIEP. :D

Darryl Ramm 07-09-2013 10:28 AM

Jeez the FAQ did not discuss what happened to Mr. Customer Success :-)

Glad this has worked out, thanks Russ at PT Expert.

kaiserpathos 07-09-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 2060766)
Jeez the FAQ did not discuss what happened to Mr. Customer Success :-)

Lol! Maybe he's succeeding customers in another department. ;)

Righty27 07-09-2013 10:36 AM

Thanks Samara!

Any information for those who purchased 'second-hand' PTIEP iLok assets - Avid won't have our e-mail details and it appears from your FAQ that iLok assets do not need to be surrendered in the upgrade process?

spenner 07-09-2013 10:40 AM

This is great news indeed. Thanks Samara... Good to see you on the forum. I look forward to upgrading to AIR IEP 2.0.

Sidebar: I have Ilya Efimov's Acoustic and Electric Bundles, and Scarbee Funk Guitarist. They are great products for Kontakt; however, I still find use for Virtual Guitarist 2. I would love to see a modern approach to the VG2 program. IMO, it would compliment the AIR bundle very well!

OK back to AIR IEP.

hwill2008 07-09-2013 10:45 AM

I don't understand ... Do we get a free update to aax versions to work in PT 11 and then if we want to pay to upgrade to version 2 we can ?

Is that correct ?

I think those of us with pteip we should get free update of what we have to work in PT11

Some clarification please thanks !