Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Deleting markers + scroll play back (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=250587)

J FRANK 07-22-2009 01:57 PM

Deleting markers + scroll play back

I hit the enter key on my keyboard which created a marker, do not know how to delete it. Also since this happened my scroll bar does not scroll.

I'm using Pro Tools 8 , please help

peace

J FRANK 07-22-2009 04:07 PM

Re: Deleting markers + scroll play back

I found out it's a selection marker that was created , how can I delete it so I can get the scroll bar moving.

danander11 07-22-2009 04:24 PM

Open up the memory locations window, select the marker youwish to remove, hilight it, cllick on the top menu (if memory serves), and select delete.

You may be able to right-click on it and select delete but I use PC and I'm not too sure how Mac works.

A good idea would be for you to read about memory markers in your reference manual. They can be handy.

J FRANK 07-22-2009 04:26 PM

I deleted the markers, but there is this like orange/yellow line with two dots on the side on the top of the pro tools session that is the selection marker & I do not know how to delete it.

Basically I want to click anywhere in my session & have the scroller follow it, since this yellow thing is on top it does not work

driving me crazy!

J FRANK 07-22-2009 07:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So NO ONE in the world knows? Here's an included pic

albee1952 07-22-2009 09:59 PM

Don't know what that is. Next time, just go to the ,marker you wish to delete, grab it with the mouse and drag it up toward the top of the screen. It will be gone.

J FRANK 07-22-2009 10:30 PM

" Link Timeline & Edit Selection" Figured it out. Basically it's the tool under the "hands" option it was not highlighted.

With this highlighted where ever you click on your session your timeline will follow.

It only took me a whole day :(

But I hope in the future some poor bastard will find this post through google & it will help him, so to any future people I got you :D

Fuzzface 09-20-2009 07:11 AM

I'm one of those poor basterds that was lost until i found this forum.
more of us will follow, I know. :rolleyes:

Thank you very much J Frank

Splendid 11-21-2009 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J FRANK (Post 1429723)
I hit the enter key on my keyboard which created a marker, do not know how to delete it. Also since this happened my scroll bar does not scroll.

I'm using Pro Tools 8 , please help

peace

One other way to delete lots quickly...in the memory locations window if you hold alt the pencil with rubber cursor appears, then you can quickly click through the markers you would like to delete!

born lucky 03-04-2010 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J FRANK (Post 1429905)
" Link Timeline & Edit Selection" Figured it out. Basically it's the tool under the "hands" option it was not highlighted.

With this highlighted where ever you click on your session your timeline will follow.

It only took me a whole day :(

But I hope in the future some poor bastard will find this post through google & it will help him, so to any future people I got you :D

Thank you so much J Frank for your post. I did a google search just as you predicted.

You saved my night. I had already spent an hour of frustration when I found your post.

Thank you:)