Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Anyone useing that timecode template that was posted awhile ago? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=45226)

Gaffer 04-18-2002 09:22 AM

Anyone useing that timecode template that was posted awhile ago?

I was playing with it last night and it seems to drift. If anyone is using this can you tell me what you are doing.
I am using a QT movie with window burn in and there is a one frame drift. But sometimes when I select the movie at
the head a nudge it, time code is on. But if I just jump around it drifts. I am in grid mode with it set at one frame.
Anyone know what is going on?

Gaffer

WestPhillySoulzition 04-18-2002 10:24 AM

Re: Anyone useing that timecode template that was posted awhile ago?

I dont have I tried to get it but could not. can you send it to me
[email protected]

Gaffer 04-18-2002 10:38 AM

i'll send it later tonight

Quote:

Originally posted by WestPhillySoulzition:
I dont have I tried to get it but could not. can you send it to me
[email protected]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

ckerian 04-18-2002 11:44 AM

I did a session yesterday where I captured an adat tape (fps all match, 30fps drop and using optical clock using the same sampling rate 48k) I captured the whole tape... play it back... and the tape is not in sync with what was captured. is it drifting? isnt optical a usable clock?

Zeek 04-18-2002 02:36 PM

are you trying to synch to SMPTE with a 001. Foget it. Buy a TDM system.

Maybe not all is lost. There is a lug in by serrato or womthing that helps with syching to smpte, but I never tried it

-Zeek

Zeek 04-18-2002 02:38 PM

Holy ****. My previous email is somewhat dislexic!!

Sorry, I meant to say "Plug in or something that can display and sync to TC correctly".....I think

-Zeek

Gaffer 04-18-2002 08:06 PM

My main use for this would be to have the TC sub numbers to follow the window burnin on my QT movie. Nudge around by frames. I use DP now and Gave up on PTLE a long time ago, but thought i would give this template a try.

Hey Ckerian, I think that the template is in 30 FPS NON drop frame. Maybe that would be why you time code is off, What ever it is one frame every minute execpt the tenth. That could add up if your session starts at 00:00:00:00, Just a thought. Optical is a good clock. My friend tracks everything to ADAT and mixes in PT.

Gaffer

Freeheel 04-18-2002 10:07 PM

I downloaded the template and have been fooling with it , has anyone been able to make one that has grid lines? The sub code indicator is great, but I like the visual reference.

Freeheel 04-18-2002 10:14 PM

Zeek can you provide more info about this plug in? - I looked for serrato on google but nothing showed up.

Munxcub 04-18-2002 10:25 PM

if i'm doing post prod in PT LE, with only one monitor (have to watch video in the little window) is there any way I can see the TC in that window?