Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Upgrade to Pro Tools 8 (with upgrade dvd) asking for Auth code? (HELP) (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=266914)

Mista808 02-12-2010 12:54 PM

Upgrade to Pro Tools 8 (with upgrade dvd) asking for Auth code? (HELP)

I've done this with another machine (crashed) and now I have a new computer (well used but new to me) It has Windows XP on it and I just got done installing Pro Tools 8 (UPGRADE DVD) I don't recall the DVD upgrade coming with a authorization code but after install/restart it's asking me for the authorization code.

It says it can be found in the "getting started guide" which I didn't get with the pro tools upgrade, only with the 7.0 that I have. It also says In Software upgrades it can be found in the inside cover of the "Upgrading to Pro Tools Guide."

I don't have either... the DVD upgrade only came with the Pro Tools 8 DVD, and then the other DVD for bundled software.

I'm not sure how to get this installed now? I don't recall ever having an authorization code for the Pro Tools 8 upgrade DVD I have. WHAT TO DO?

PS - I bought this PT 8 upgrade DVD back in November, and it let me install it just fine on the computer that I had that crashed last month. I don't ever remember having to enter an Auth code.

necjamc 02-12-2010 12:58 PM

Re: Upgrade to Pro Tools 8 (with upgrade dvd) asking for Auth code? (HELP)

Did you try installing 7.0 first then using the upgrade?

sw rec 02-12-2010 01:31 PM

Don't install 7.0 first if you're going to go with 8. 8 requires you to UNINSTALL previous versions anyway and you'll just be wasting your time. 8, even though it's called an upgrade, is a full installer that requires that no previous versions are in place.
Did you register your product? Set up a "my digi" account? You should be able to retrieve your code there.

DeyBwah 02-12-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mista808 (Post 1553241)
I've done this with another machine (crashed) and now I have a new computer (well used but new to me) It has Windows XP on it and I just got done installing Pro Tools 8 (UPGRADE DVD) I don't recall the DVD upgrade coming with a authorization code but after install/restart it's asking me for the authorization code.

It says it can be found in the "getting started guide" which I didn't get with the pro tools upgrade, only with the 7.0 that I have. It also says In Software upgrades it can be found in the inside cover of the "Upgrading to Pro Tools Guide."

I don't have either... the DVD upgrade only came with the Pro Tools 8 DVD, and then the other DVD for bundled software.

I'm not sure how to get this installed now? I don't recall ever having an authorization code for the Pro Tools 8 upgrade DVD I have. WHAT TO DO?

PS - I bought this PT 8 upgrade DVD back in November, and it let me install it just fine on the computer that I had that crashed last month. I don't ever remember having to enter an Auth code.

If you registered your copy, you can log in here and it should have all your auth codes.