Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Sooo, when are us subscribers getting HEAT? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406371)

AlexLakis 09-19-2019 03:16 PM

Sooo, when are us subscribers getting HEAT?

Forgive me if I missed something here, but I was under the impression that HEAT was going to be made available for subscribers? When is this happening? Will the $200 perpetual price still be going on once that happens (I'd like to demo it first before I commit)?

Sardi 09-19-2019 03:50 PM

Re: Sooo, when are us subscribers getting HEAT?

Do you pay a monthly rental for Pro Tools or a yearly renewal for your perpetual license?

If the former, you get Heat included for free whilst you continue to rent PT. If the latter, you don’t get it for free and can buy it for $200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexLakis 09-19-2019 04:09 PM

Hmm. Guess I'm confused, I pay a monthly fee, but seems I am a "1-year subscriber", so I don't get HEAT? Okaythen.

Sardi 09-19-2019 05:14 PM

It’s pretty simple.

Do you have a perpetual license or do you rent Pro Tools?

If perpetual (if you stop paying you keep the last version released forever) you don’t get it free but can buy it for $200.

If you rent (once you stop paying your monthly subscription you can no longer use PT) you get it included in your subscription and can use it for the duration of your subscription.

JFreak 09-19-2019 05:24 PM

Just for clarifying things... "perpetual" meaning you see a "license" on your iLok License Manager, "rental" meaning you see a "subscription".

AlexLakis 09-19-2019 05:33 PM

Nothing as explained on Avid.com is "simple". :rolleyes:

Thanks, guys!

Sardi 09-19-2019 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexLakis (Post 2538628)
Nothing as explained on Avid.com is "simple". :rolleyes:

Thanks, guys!

Hmmm...

It’s spelled out pretty clearly here if you look at the included stuff in each option.

https://shop.avid.com/ccrz__ProductD...op&cclcl=en_AU

AlexLakis 09-19-2019 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sardi (Post 2538629)
Hmmm...

It’s spelled out pretty clearly here if you look at the included stuff in each option.

https://shop.avid.com/ccrz__ProductD...op&cclcl=en_AU

Yep, clear as mud.

"$29.99 1-Year Subscription, Paid Monthly (Download)
  • Save $60 USD ($5 per month) when you commit to a full year, paid monthly
  • Get access to all new releases, the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle, HEAT, UVI Falcon, and support
$299.00 1-Year Subscription, Paid Upfront (Download)
  • Get a discount of 2 months when you pay in full upfront
  • Get access to all new releases, the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle, HEAT, UVI Falcon, and support
$34.99 Monthly Subscription, Paid Monthly (Download)
  • Enjoy the freedom and flexibility of a month-to-month contract
  • Get access to all new releases, the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle, HEAT, UVI Falcon, and support"
So, now I'm even more confused. I'm the first option on this list. It looks like Heat should be just as available to me as the other options.

Guess I'm just your definition of "dense", Sardi. :(

Sardi 09-19-2019 05:57 PM

Dunno if you’re being sarcastic or not, but it is pretty clear.

Like i mentioned in both my posts, you will get it if you’re renting the software. All three of the options you posted are the rental options of PT.

If you look at the perpetual option (which you didn’t copy and paste) you’ll notice it DOES NOT list Heat. In other words, it’s isn’t included.

JFreak 09-19-2019 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexLakis (Post 2538632)
now I'm even more confused

Don't be. You get it cheaper if you commit to year instead of month, and even cheaper if you pay the year upfront instead of monthly.

AlexLakis 09-19-2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sardi (Post 2538633)
Dunno if you’re being sarcastic or not, but it is pretty clear.

Like i mentioned in both my posts, you will get it if you’re renting the software. All three of the options you posted are the rental options of PT.

If you look at the perpetual option (which you didn’t copy and paste) you’ll notice it DOES NOT list Heat. In other words, it’s isn’t included.

Not being sarcastic. I don't have a perpetual license for Pro Tools 2019, I am paying the monthly subscription, so according to you, I should have HEAT...?

JFreak 09-19-2019 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexLakis (Post 2538635)
I am paying the monthly subscription, so according to you, I should have HEAT...?

Yes and if you don't, contact support

Sardi 09-19-2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2538636)
Yes and if you don't, contact support

Correct.

And it’s not according to me, it’s according to AVID. =P

unkJE 09-20-2019 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexLakis (Post 2538615)
... I'd like to demo it first before I commit ...

HEAT 30-DAY TRIAL
https://www.avid.com/support/trialdownload/HEAT

Avid Knowledge Base
Where Is My Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle and HEAT License?
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...e-HEAT-License

Last Updated : September 18, 2019
Products Affected : Pro Tools, Pro Tools HD, Pro Tools Ultimate

Q: Who is eligible for the Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle and HEAT license?
A: The Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle and HEAT license are provided to customers who have an active Pro Tools or Pro Tools | Ultimate Subscription.

Q: Where do I find the Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle and HEAT license?

A. The Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle and HEAT license can be found inside your iLok account. You can activate the license to an iLok key or the iLok Cloud.

Q: Where do I get the installers for the Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle and HEAT license?
A: To get the installers for the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle, please follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Avid account.
2. Go to My Products and Subscriptions.
3. Under your product look and click on Pro Tools or Pro Tools | Ultimate then beside Product Details and Download Links click show.
4. Scroll down until you see the installers for the Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle. Click it to start downloading the installers.

For the HEAT plug-in, it's pre-installed with Pro Tools and Pro Tools | Ultimate. For more information, please refer to this article: Where is the HEAT installer?

Q: When does my Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle and HEAT license expire?
A: Your Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle and HEAT license is tied-up with your Pro Tools or Pro Tools | Ultimate Subscription. Once your subscription expires, the Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle and HEAT license will expire as well.

Q: I have a Pro Tools or Pro Tools | Ultimate Subscription but I don't see the Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle and HEAT license in my iLok account.
A: If you haven't received your Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle and HEAT license yet, please contact Avid Customer Care.

Q: I have a Pro Tools Perpetual/Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual license with an active Updates & Support Plan. Am I eligible for the Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle and HEAT license?
A: Avid Complete Plug-in is already included with Pro Tools Ultimate, while Heat is only for customers who have an active Pro Tools or Pro Tools | Ultimate Subscription.

AlexLakis 09-20-2019 12:16 PM

Thank you for the responses, everyone.

Turns out HEAT was deposited in my iLok account 3 days ago and I didn't notice until now. Guess they're rolling it out on their own time.

Sorry for the confusion!