Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S4/S6 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   How to renew S6 support contract? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=375894)

Stereo Missile 12-24-2015 05:15 PM

How to renew S6 support contract?

Hi guys,

My S6 support contract has either recently expired or will expire shortly. I have no record of it at all in my Avid account, but apparently it exists! I have never received any notification of my support plan, or notification that it was about to expire or needed to be renewed.

So the question is, how do I renew it? There is no "S6 support contract" in the Avid webstore, no acknowledgement of it in my Avid account, no renew button, and nobody seems to be able to tell me how I can keep it current.

I also note that when I bought the console, there was no mention that I can recall of having to have a support contract to keep current, and I have not seen anywhere any mention of how much this support contract costs, or what it covers. Also what happens if the support plan lapses and then I want to renew?

Can someone possibly shed some more light on this for me? Thanks!

Drew Mazurek 12-25-2015 05:15 AM

Re: How to renew S6 support contract?

Steve, I've escalated this post and hope to have info for you soon.

EddieJones 12-25-2015 06:10 PM

You should contact the dealer that sold you the S6. They should have informed you of the support contract that you got with the purchase. Its the Expert Plus line on this page http://www.avid.com/US/Support/avid-advantage#plans They will also be able to give you different options to renew.

Stereo Missile 12-26-2015 01:37 AM

Thanks Eddie,

So if I have an Expert Plus support plan for my protools HD does that cover my S6 as well under the one support plan? Or do I need a seperate support plan for the console? Is it not possible to have one support plan that covers the console and protools?

It would be much more convenient to be able to renew my support plan directly through Avid and set it to automatically renew, instead of having to do it manually through my dealer every year. Is this not possible?

Thanks!

Stereo Missile 12-26-2015 09:15 PM

Hey I'd just like to give a big shout out to Eddie Jones, who has PM'd me, contacted senior support, and is helping me sort this out right in the middle of Christmas, good on you Eddie that is a sterling effort mate!

EddieJones 12-27-2015 09:32 AM

I just sent a couple of emails that's all, glad to help ;-)

RichN 12-28-2015 08:41 AM

Hi Steve,

Your S6 support contract is separate from your Pro Tools support plan. Keep in mind that not all S6 owners run Pro Tools. You have a couple of options for S6 support. You can renew support for the whole surface if you want complete coverage, or you could elect to renew support on a per module basis. In order to receive software updates for a year, you will need to renew support for at least the S6 MTM module, which runs the S6 control software. This will cover the MTM hardware with advanced replacement and provide all software updates.

Stereo Missile 12-28-2015 03:19 PM

Thanks Rich!

What is the cost for the plan? I think I will just do the MTM (it's an M40). How do I renew it?

I've been contacted by David from Avid Australia, should I do it through them or can I do it direct with you? It would be great to set it to auto-renew as well so I don't have to go through this process every year!

Thanks! :)

Cheers,

RichN 12-29-2015 01:52 PM

Hi Steve,

Good to hear David from Avid Australia has reached out to you since he is definitely in the best resource to support you locally. Pricing for the plans is pretty standard WW and he can arrange to get you a renewal in local Aus $.

Best

Rich

Stereo Missile 12-30-2015 04:06 PM

Thanks Rich,

I must say I am pretty shocked at how expensive the support plan is even for just the MTM module. It was never disclosed to me when I bought the console how expensive the support plan would be.

I am a one man show, not a major facility, and to have to pay nearly AUD$2000 a year just to stay current with Protools HD and the S6 combined (and that is for the MTM only!) is a killer for a small operation like mine. Is there a way that Avid can create a much more affordable plan to just get the software updates for the S6 without the support coverage? I can live without the 24hr replacement service etc, but I need to be able to stay up to date with the software, and if I can't update the S6 software then I presumably can't update the Protools software either?

I must say it feels pretty unfair to me as the consumer to have a very vague reference to a support plan made when I bought the console with no mention or disclosure of pricing, only to then discover down the track that I am up for nearly $2k a year to stay current. I would imagine that this might put off a lot of potential buyers!

I look forward to your reply. Thanks!

Cheers,