Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   M-Audio Fast Track USB - Pro Tools 'Unable to locate Hardware' (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=278428)

Ravistic 07-21-2010 07:57 PM

M-Audio Fast Track USB - Pro Tools 'Unable to locate Hardware'

Hey all - I got back from Best Buy about three hours ago and I've been trying to get my new Fast Track USB by M-Audio to work. I've been downloading and installing drivers and programs and what not for the last hour, and I thought I was good to go. I launched Pro Tools Essentials, and It loads about half way, then gives me the error message "Unable to locate hardware. Please make sure device is plugged in and powered on" (The second sentence might not be worded exactly right, but you get the idea.)

Could anyone help me? I'm really regretting dumping 100$ into this thing, and now I don't even think I can plug in my 1/4" XLR Cord into the back of this thing to record with a Microphone instead of using the XLR Input.

Thanks guys

Jared 07-27-2010 04:08 PM

Re: M-Audio Fast Track USB - Pro Tools 'Unable to locate Hardware'

Check out www.m-audio.com/essentialFAQ for links to the latest drivers/updates, tutorial videos, troubleshooting guides, and more. You may need to install the latest updates for your OS.

tyberius 12-26-2010 03:03 PM

I've got the same problem, and i've got the newest update, someone has an idea?

MakeItFunky 01-15-2011 04:18 AM

Hi.

I sometimes have the same problem, but it usually happen when :

-I'm listening to some music on winamp, etc.
-I have firefox opened and grooveshark or deezer playing.
-I have Windowsmediaplayer or BSplayer or VLC opened.

I close all these applications and start pro tools again, and everything's ok.

I imagine the same problem can be encountered with running processes on your computer, that are related in one way or another with sound production.

Maybe a check on task manager would give you hints on what processes you should end?

thierryhenry 01-15-2011 03:52 PM

Ye you just have to make sure there isn't any audio running off any other programs.

For example, if you're playing a track off iTunes you'll have to pause it while pro tools loads up. Once its open you should be able to play audio off other programs like normal.

MakeItFunky 01-16-2011 01:56 PM

Hi,
Thanks for the precision thierryhenry! I tought I had to shut down everything...
(well, I have to anyway because I'm running PT essential, on an old dell laptop, centrino 1.8Ghz)

thierryhenry 01-17-2011 12:26 PM

No problem :)