Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools | Intro Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Help plugins not loading in pro tools first (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406905)

jwhunter 10-25-2019 10:10 AM

Help plugins not loading in pro tools first

I have installed pro tools first focusrite creative pack which came with a scarlett interface which gives free additional plugins for pro tools first. i have downloaded and installed the plugins, they are installed as they show in plugins folder, as products on avid link and in windows programs and features but when i open pro tools only 2 of the plugins load, graphic EQ and vari-fi. i have reinstalled several times, rebooting pc each time and still not working. Any help is much apprerciated.

Pro Tools First 2019.6

Intel Core i5-2320 [email protected]
8GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64bit

YYR123 10-29-2019 11:30 AM

Re: Help plugins not loading in pro tools first

I know that you said your Focusrite plugs can be used on PT1 but as far as I know there are not any 3rd party plugs can be used on PT1

JFreak 10-29-2019 01:14 PM

Hi, welcome to the community.

3rd party plugins are not supported on PT First. Only the ones you buy from Avid Marketplace will work.

jwhunter 10-30-2019 02:27 AM

Thank you I know PTF doesn't support 3rd party plugins, I have Pro Tools First Focusrite creative pack which is a version of PTF you get when you buy a Focusrite product, which is 12 plugins that you would normally have to buy. It is those plugins that aren't loading.

JFreak 10-30-2019 04:09 AM

I think you should ask Focusrite. For all I know only plugins bought from Avid Marketplace will work in first

jwhunter 10-30-2019 04:12 AM

Thanks, I have contacted Focusrite and they are contacting Avid as the reason they give you the pack is so you can use it in PTF.

Southsidemusic 10-30-2019 07:35 AM

The PTF version you get with Focusrite is the exact same as Avid has for free so there is nothing thats different or special to work with 3rd party plugins with that bundled version. It is just a bundle to get one started when u buy The Focusrite.

jwhunter 10-30-2019 08:02 AM

So why is it called Pro Tools First Focusrite Creative Pack and why do Focusrite advertise using them in PTF? I'm pretty sure they know you can't use 3rd party plugins in PTF.

Southsidemusic 10-30-2019 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwhunter (Post 2542995)
So why is it called Pro Tools First Focusrite Creative Pack and why do Focusrite advertise using them in PTF? I'm pretty sure they know you can't use 3rd party plugins in PTF.

I agree with you here. Will ask the superadmins and see whats what.

jwhunter 11-10-2019 07:42 AM

I've spoken to Focusrite and they assure me that the Plugins work with PTF, its 12 plugins you would normally purchase that they give you for free for purchasing a Focusrite product.