Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Eleven Rack and a BOSS FV-500-L expression Pedal ? ? ? (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=307527)

magicaldog 09-13-2011 05:32 PM

Eleven Rack and a BOSS FV-500-L expression Pedal ? ? ?
 
I can get one of this ( http://www.thomann.de/se/boss_fv500l.htm ) at a good price but how do I find out if the expression function work with my Eleven Rack ?

Any help is greatly appreciated !

Thanks !

Darryl Ramm 09-13-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magicaldog (Post 1834861)
I can get one of this ( http://www.thomann.de/se/boss_fv500l.htm ) at a good price but how do I find out if the expression function work with my Eleven Rack ?

Any help is greatly appreciated !

Thanks !

It will work fine. When used as an expression pedal these looks like an EV-5 so set the Eleven Rack to expect an EV pedal.

The expression pedal behavior of the 500L and 500H should be the same so just choose which model you want for use as a volume pedal (if you care at all about that).

Darryl

magicaldog 09-13-2011 06:46 PM

Re: Eleven Rack and a BOSS FV-500-L expression Pedal ? ? ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 1834884)
It will work fine. When used as an expression pedal these looks like an EV-5 so set the Eleven Rack to expect an EV pedal.

The expression pedal behavior of the 500L and 500H should be the same so just choose which model you want for use as a volume pedal (if you care at all about that).

Darryl

Thanks Darryl

Mister_Riff 09-14-2011 02:04 AM

Re: Eleven Rack and a BOSS FV-500-L expression Pedal ? ? ?
 
I use the FV 500 H and it works great!

julyen 09-20-2011 11:13 AM

Re: Eleven Rack and a BOSS FV-500-L expression Pedal ? ? ?
 
Just to let you know, I have the FV-500-L and it works well with the Eleven Rack.

magicaldog 09-23-2011 06:13 AM

Re: Eleven Rack and a BOSS FV-500-L expression Pedal ? ? ?
 
Thanks everybody for your input !

magicaldog 06-18-2012 07:23 PM

Re: Eleven Rack and a BOSS FV-500-L expression Pedal ? ? ?
 
I bought the BOSS FV-500-L and has already replaced it for a new unit once !

I only use the expression jack and after using it for a couple of days I noticed it became very glitchy and did not have a smooth travel especially on wah pedal.

I replaced it with a new pedal and now that has the same issue :mad:

Tony-N 01-15-2014 06:12 AM

Re: Eleven Rack and a BOSS FV-500-L expression Pedal ? ? ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by magicaldog (Post 1941167)
I bought the BOSS FV-500-L and has already replaced it for a new unit once !

I only use the expression jack and after using it for a couple of days I noticed it became very glitchy and did not have a smooth travel especially on wah pedal.

I replaced it with a new pedal and now that has the same issue :mad:

So how did this turn out for you?
Have you abandoned the Boss pedals for expression with the 11R?

I sold my EV-5 a few years ago but am thinking about getting e new one, but now I'm starting to get a little worried about the quality even though the one I hade felt good even though it was plastic.
I didn't use it very much so I don't really know how the pedal will stand the test of time but would like to have something small like that to use with the wah-wah on the 11R.

magicaldog 01-15-2014 07:48 AM

Re: Eleven Rack and a BOSS FV-500-L expression Pedal ? ? ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony-N (Post 2121556)
So how did this turn out for you?
Have you abandoned the Boss pedals for expression with the 11R?

I sold my EV-5 a few years ago but am thinking about getting e new one, but now I'm starting to get a little worried about the quality even though the one I hade felt good even though it was plastic.
I didn't use it very much so I don't really know how the pedal will stand the test of time but would like to have something small like that to use with the wah-wah on the 11R.

I have replaced it 4 times now and it's been several months now since the last time but this one is still glitch free ''

I don't use mine on a daily basis but whenever I do have to work it a bit to have a smooth transition between heel and toe. The pots clearly aren't top quality !

They must have had a really bad batch but it's now about 18 months since I first bought the first one.

However - Next time I am going to think one extra time before I put my money on a BOSS pedal !

Tony-N 01-15-2014 08:36 AM

Re: Eleven Rack and a BOSS FV-500-L expression Pedal ? ? ?
 
Thanks for the reply. :-)

Wow, 4 times! :eek:

Guess those plastic Boss pedals are out of the question then...metal it is.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:31 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com