Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Forum Terms of Use discussion (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=332933)

DigiTechSupt 01-05-2013 05:42 PM

Forum Terms of Use discussion

We do our best to be consistent and fair. We really try to avoid removing anything, but posts with personal attacks/insults will continue to be removed. Please leave those out when posting.

Will re-open this thread in a bit after folks cool down. Please use this time to review the Forum Terms of Use.

Thank you.

Marsdy 01-05-2013 08:10 PM

Re: 10.3.3 Sounds better

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt (Post 1995063)
We do our best to be consistent and fair. We really try to avoid removing anything, but posts with personal attacks/insults will continue to be removed. Please leave those out when posting.

Will re-open this thread in a bit after folks cool down. Please use this time to review the Forum Terms of Use.

Thank you.

"consitent and fair"? It didn't tale long to reopen this thread :rolleyes:

Sorry DTS but could you clarify your TOU policy. I report a blatant infringement and no action is taken despite being reported twice a week ago. An "infringement" on my part is deleted within minutes after being posted and then FINALY you act on my report of a week or so ago.. Have you guys got something to hide? Maybe I should continue this debate on another forum where I can speak more freely? I'd consult with your boss about that one.

Marsdy 01-05-2013 08:11 PM

Actually, maybe i should give up on the DUC and try the Motley Fool instead?

DigiTechSupt 01-05-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsdy (Post 1995086)

We didn't want to close it in the first place, but it was going way off topic after only a few posts.

Quote:

Sorry DTS but could you clarify your TOU policy.
You can read it here, but specifically...
"Avid reserves the right to remove posts or restrict the posting privileges of individuals that exhibit a clear agenda designed to slander, insult, or otherwise undermine Avid, its employees, our development partners, or any other company or individual."
Quote:

I report a blatant infringement and no action is taken despite being reported twice a week ago. An "infringement" on my part is deleted within minutes after being posted and then FINALY you act on my report of a week or so ago..
Last email we could find from you was 11/9 about PMs from another user and I believe we handled that. Very sorry if we missed something after this.

Quote:

Have you guys got something to hide?
No, we are just trying to get everyone to be respectful in their posting.

Quote:

Maybe I should continue this debate on another forum where I can speak more freely? I'd consult with your boss about that one.
We don't see it as a matter of being able to speak freely or not. observing the TOU when posting is all we are asking.

Thanks.

ejwells 01-06-2013 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsdy (Post 1995086)

Sorry DTS but could you clarify your TOU policy. I report a blatant infringement and no action is taken despite being reported twice a week ago. An "infringement" on my part is deleted within minutes after being posted and then FINALY you act on my report of a week or so ago.. Have you guys got something to hide? Maybe I should continue this debate on another forum where I can speak more freely? I'd consult with your boss about that one.

Dave- for the love of God, can't you just tone it down a bit?
Are you trying to get banned?

Marsdy 01-06-2013 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejwells (Post 1995125)
Dave- for the love of God, can't you just tone it down a bit?

Probably not such a bad idea!

I just got a little frustrated when I report a user twice for a flagrant TOS abuse and nothing happens. The report button seemed to work fine. Then, within seconds of me breaching the TOS I get a warning. It seemed to me dual standards were being applied but apparently not.

Bill Denton 01-06-2013 05:34 PM

Re: Forum Terms of Use discussion

Dave Marsden, Stewart Fang, both of your kettles are black.

Now go to your rooms and stay there until 2014...

Keybeeetsss 01-06-2013 08:25 PM

This is what I come back too? I LOVE IT:D

danander11 01-06-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keybeeetsss (Post 1995390)
This is what I come back too? I LOVE IT:D

Yep.. I think it's the same two guys too... Kind of like an old married couple that never really got on together.. :p

Keybeeetsss 01-06-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danander11 (Post 1995394)
Yep.. I think it's the same two guys too... Kind of like an old married couple that never really got on together.. :p

Hahaha.. Nicse :D