Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2018 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   SSL Duende Channelstrip Crashing in ProTools 2018.3 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=397787)

thebeatinventor 03-08-2018 09:44 PM

SSL Duende Channelstrip Crashing in ProTools 2018.3

I just installed ProTools 2018.3 and now the SSL Duende Channelstrip is crashing and quitting my sessions the same way it did in 12.7 and above. I got it to work in 12.8 with no issues and since have been using it until the recent 2018.3, some of the projects I reopened that has the Channelstrip inserted now just crash on playback....SSL claims it works in High Sierra/ProTools 2018.1 and 3 with no issues but it’s been horrible on my end. Any others willing to test or have the same issue? I’m disappointed in SSL, although they are moving into the digital age with their control surfaces which are software based, you would think they would update and focus heavily on their plugin line and make them compatible for users more than ever now that plugins are so widely used. There are other SSL style strips out there but I love the sound of the genuine SSL brand Channelstrip....

wmcintyre 03-08-2018 11:44 PM

Re: SSL Duende Channelstrip Crashing in ProTools 2018.3

Same here.

john1192 03-09-2018 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebeatinventor (Post 2479183)
I just installed ProTools 2018.3 and now the SSL Duende Channelstrip is crashing and quitting my sessions the same way it did in 12.7 and above. I got it to work in 12.8 with no issues and since have been using it until the recent 2018.3, some of the projects I reopened that has the Channelstrip inserted now just crash on playback....SSL claims it works in High Sierra/ProTools 2018.1 and 3 with no issues but it’s been horrible on my end. Any others willing to test or have the same issue? I’m disappointed in SSL, although they are moving into the digital age with their control surfaces which are software based, you would think they would update and focus heavily on their plugin line and make them compatible for users more than ever now that plugins are so widely used. There are other SSL style strips out there but I love the sound of the genuine SSL brand Channelstrip....

SSL says it works in 18.3.0.285, the latest version ??? it was just released yesterday !!!

i will test this today - but just running Sierra 10.12.6 .. i assume you have SSL Duende Channel Strip 5.1.3 right ??

s.d. finley 03-09-2018 12:19 PM

I am not using the duende channel strip, but am using the bus compressor with no issues.

john1192 03-09-2018 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s.d. finley (Post 2479319)
I am not using the duende channel strip, but am using the bus compressor with no issues.

hi, yeah the Bus Comp never had any crashing issues like the Channel Strip in ver 5.1.1 and ver 5.1.3 ... hoping for update soon !!!

uptheoctave 03-09-2018 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebeatinventor (Post 2479183)

Have you tried reinstalling V5.1.3 64 bit?
I have Pro Tools 2018.3 running here with V5.1.3 with no issues.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...62&oe=5B48C01A

thebeatinventor 03-09-2018 04:20 PM

Yes I did re-install 5.1.3 64 bit version, that didn’t help.....did you try adjusting parameters on the ssl Channelstrip while the session is in playback? That’s usually when it quits and crashes....

john1192 03-09-2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebeatinventor (Post 2479350)
Yes I did re-install 5.1.3 64 bit version, that didn’t help.....did you try adjusting parameters on the ssl Channelstrip while the session is in playback? That’s usually when it quits and crashes....

hey Beat, are you running HD or Vanilla ??? i assume non-HD but better to ask ..

thebeatinventor 03-09-2018 05:16 PM

Vanilla....

TNM 03-09-2018 07:24 PM

hmm just checked 5.1.3 strip, engaged every function then disabled, moved every knob. Inserted a drumstrip in it's place, then put the channel back and copied it over to 8 other tracks and opened the gui's of all. No crash.

Perhaps there is some corruption somewhere with the OP's install, sadly.

download easy find from devon technologies. Make sure hidden files is ticked and search within files.

Do a search for the word duende.. delete everything (double check no system files) including the installer bom files.

Restart computer, and reinstall. Restart again. then try use.. i think will be ok.

problem is though, we have no idea what the OP's setup is. What OS?