Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Problems running Pro tools m-powered on Mac Intel (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=178106)

doninn 09-27-2006 05:20 PM

Problems running Pro tools m-powered on Mac Intel

I´ve just bought Mac OS X 10.4.6 Intel Core Duo and trying to work my Pro Tools M-Powered 7 with my Mac , but the computer always freeze and have to restart . Does anyone know who to solve this problem ? .

Kryst 09-27-2006 10:16 PM

Re: Problems running Pro tools m-powered on Mac In

Are you running the proper Pro Tools for Intel Macs? If it's numbered like LE, it'd be 7.1.1 or 7.1.3

doninn 10-04-2006 02:39 PM

Yes I got it working after I updated my mac intel upto 4.7 and pro tools 7.1.1 .
But then I got some more updates on my mac intel upto os x 10.4.8 , and now pro tools doesnt work again
and I cant find any new drivers for mac intel ox s 10.4.8 .
This is a bloody nightmare . uff

jbmelby 10-05-2006 04:48 AM

What M-Audio hardware are you using? Did you download the v 1.7.4 driver? It works fine for me with my Firewire 410 and 7.1.1 and 10.4.8 on my Mac Pro.

doninn 10-05-2006 08:54 AM

I have m-audio firewire audiophile , I got it working , but then I hooked my m-audio back to my laptop PC and now m-audio does not work with me PC ,when I open up control panel for m-audio , it says : NO COMPATIBLE FIREWIRE DEVICE IS FOUND , another bloody nightmare .

TBF Entertainment 10-05-2006 09:47 AM

Quote:

What M-Audio hardware are you using? Did you download the v 1.7.4 driver? It works fine for me with my Firewire 410 and 7.1.1 and 10.4.8 on my Mac Pro.

You say you are running a Mac Pro. Can you give me some info on it? I'm about to buy a mac pro myself, but am scared because it is so new. I am running ProTools 7.1 on a PC with a ProjectMix right now.

I did see that the ProjectMix now has the drivers for 10.4.7 on the MacPro.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

TBF

jbmelby 10-05-2006 10:52 AM

Quote:

You say you are running a Mac Pro. Can you give me some info on it? I'm about to buy a mac pro myself, but am scared because it is so new. I am running ProTools 7.1 on a PC with a ProjectMix right now.

I did see that the ProjectMix now has the drivers for 10.4.7 on the MacPro.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

TBF

Glad to. Very succinctly, it's by far the best computer I've ever had—it's whisper-quiet, incredibly fast, has never crashed (except with earlier versions of Parallels Desktop that were not Mac Pro-compatible; now Parallels runs XP Home for me beautifully)—in short, a real gem.

Two caveats: 1) buy as much RAM as you can afford (I have 3 GB); I recommend Ramjet.com as a vendor, and 2) don't use the Migration Assistant to transfer your files from your current Mac.