Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Was looking at finally buying HEAT..really? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=407495)

TNM 12-08-2019 09:16 AM

Was looking at finally buying HEAT..really?

...and low and behold, i was lucky enough to find topics disclosing that it worked on audio tracks ONLY..

Can someone confirm this is still the case? And if so, isn't it actually kind of useless for the modern ITB composer?

It feels like typical Avid where it's done half way if this is the case.. Who on Earth WOULDN'T want to add it to VI's and submix busses?

I really hope this is wrong, but if not, I am glad I just saved myself 200 bucks.

Sheesh!

Jay_uk 12-08-2019 09:32 AM

Re: Was looking at finally buying HEAT..really?

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...e-have-answers

Southsidemusic 12-08-2019 09:55 AM

So only on Audio Tracks then :D

TNM 12-08-2019 11:06 AM

Ahh the posts I had found via google were much older.. so, it's a shame to see it's still the case.. Hard pass then.. Would rather just get phoenix or something and put it wherever I like...
I don't like the idea of bussing things to armed audio tracks to apply it to other sources, especially with the PT performance issues I have with record monitored tracks..
It's not as if avid CAN'T add it to all track types.

AlexLakis 12-08-2019 02:57 PM

HEAT is all ready applied to each track, HEAT on buses would mean double-processing, no? What's the problem?

Sardi 12-08-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexLakis (Post 2547064)
HEAT is all ready applied to each track, HEAT on buses would mean double-processing, no? What's the problem?

Not instrument tracks though and that’s the OP’s issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNM 12-08-2019 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexLakis (Post 2547064)

It would actually probably work better in this case just being on busses like harrison mixbuss IMO.

Regardless anyway, what I meant was not to use it on individual tracks in some cases and use it on a submix buss...and depending on the mix there's nothing wrong with using it both on tracks and then individual busses either.. there's no right or wrong in this situation, if it sounds good it sounds good. Avid just made it very limiting is all I mean.. this is 2019.. audio tracks are (sometimes) my least used track.

JFreak 12-09-2019 12:50 PM

Commit the VI and you have audio

TOM@METRO 12-09-2019 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2547176)
Commit the VI and you have audio

That's what most of us do.

Stephen Bond 12-10-2019 02:12 AM

To be fair, I never normally commit VIs until the mix or indeed archiving if possible. You never know when a singer wants to try a different key or you need to add some more of an existing keyboard part to the arrangement etc.

If Heat is for audio tracks only it certainly is limiting. One can add any number of Heat type plugins to any track and indeed, use pretty much all of them in other DAWs.

Heat sounds great from what I have heard but this is yet another not to buy. Even at the current £202.80 (inc. VAT) offer from Avid, it is still far too expensive, especially considering it is limited to Pro Tools use only. I think long and hard these days about any PT or AAX only plugins given the current rising costs of Pro Tools.

Stephen