Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 10 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Any iPhone apps for Protools? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=315531)

Che_Guitarra 01-13-2012 02:09 PM

Any iPhone apps for Protools?

If you know any good iphone apps for PT (if they exist at all) i'd love to know. I'm trying to find the remote control style app that was out years ago, but having only just got an iPhone for myself, details are long forgotten.

Emcha_audio 01-13-2012 02:25 PM

Re: Any iPhone apps for Protools?

No, and I truly hope never to see any :P

Cliffy_Boy 01-13-2012 02:32 PM

Pro Remote is one. There are few others. Dome people VNC from their iPhones.

Emcha_audio 01-13-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliffy_Boy (Post 1889591)
Pro Remote is one. There are few others. Dome people VNC from their iPhones.

Yep, but their not pro tools apps I think (v control is one but that's for the ipad and it's to control pro tools, not record in pro tools on the iphone/ipad)

Cliffy_Boy 01-13-2012 03:03 PM

Pro Remote is 'pro tools' but will also work with other DAWs. My understanding was that it was initially developed for pro tools and has a "PT" look.

I have it and use it to remote the 'record' function but I find it clumsy to work with on an iPhone for mixing. I use an Avid Artis Mix for that.

PD-John 01-13-2012 04:07 PM

It's for Android, but TouchDAW is a generic control app for all DAW's. I've had great success using it with Pro Tools.

Carl Lie 01-13-2012 05:00 PM

How about iHDX. Wait, I made that up.

C

Emcha_audio 01-13-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cliffy_Boy (Post 1889603)
Pro Remote is 'pro tools' but will also work with other DAWs. My understanding was that it was initially developed for pro tools and has a "PT" look.

I have it and use it to remote the 'record' function but I find it clumsy to work with on an iPhone for mixing. I use an Avid Artis Mix for that.

It's not recording pro tools. It's controlling it. I think the OP wants to know if PT is planning to become an Iphone/Ipad app to record. or not.

Cliffy_Boy 01-13-2012 06:07 PM

Dunno Manny. But he did say 'remote control' at the beginning of his post

Che_Guitarra 01-13-2012 06:52 PM

I don't want to record into my iPhone - i'd like to use my iPhone as a remote that could trigger record on a track... for example when I'm alone in my studio late at night i'd like to be able to record my vocals in my vocal booth without having to run to the DAW to press stop/record/playback in every instance... just to add a bit more speed to session work.

I could buy some DAW break out to solve the problem, but it seems like there's an app for everything so just asking