Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Virtual Instruments (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Boom - Separate outs (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=234875)

Tomy DeClerque 12-28-2008 02:48 PM

Boom - Separate outs

...cmoooooon ... i was exited , created an great groove , and no separatevouts ...

please consider this in the update...

filosofem 12-28-2008 04:16 PM

Re: Boom - Separate outs

Submit a Feature Request Form and they just might. ;)

filosofem

Rubicon 12-29-2008 08:30 AM

Maybe this is just Boom-lite.....

+1 for individual outputs. please.

RussUK 12-29-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubicon (Post 1325170)
Maybe this is just Boom-lite.....

+1 for individual outputs. please.

A workaround for now is to print the separate instruments to audio tracks whilst muting the others, a little laborious but as I say a workaround in the meantime. If you are working in mono with each instruments you can do 2 at a time with panning hard left and right.

RussUK 12-29-2008 10:04 AM

OK just tested that theory and I had 10 tracks of Boom down in about 5 minutes using the way I outlined above. It's easy, although happy to post a video on the AIR Blog if people need help.

chrisdee 12-29-2008 10:20 AM

I wish they would have put more kicks and snares into each kit in Boom.
It would also be nice to have more kicks, snares and hi-hats to choose from in each kit. Personally I think the sounds are mostly for dance music, not for pop, jazz, rock etc.

It's a start, but more sounds please.

RussUK 12-29-2008 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisdee (Post 1325235)
I wish they would have put more kicks and snares into each kit in Boom.
It would also be nice to have more kicks, snares and hi-hats to choose from in each kit. Personally I think the sounds are mostly for dance music, not for pop, jazz, rock etc.

It's a start, but more sounds please.

I think you are confusing what Boom is about, it's a beatbox, hence all the sounds being dance orientated. You can get some great drum sounds from Xpand too. If you are serious I suggest you get Strike which is amazing.

mmf78 12-29-2008 12:12 PM

I was hoping Boom would have sounds closer to Hip Hop. I haven't been able to try it yet. I can't wait to try out Expand2. Having the programs and not being able to use them is such torture.

nedorama 08-08-2020 09:40 AM

I know old thread, but if you hold down control and click on the third bar to the right of the word "BOOM" you can assign any sound to any pad - have all claps, or multiple kicks.

maccattack 08-16-2020 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nedorama (Post 2574643)
I know old thread, but if you hold down control and click on the third bar to the right of the word "BOOM" you can assign any sound to any pad - have all claps, or multiple kicks.

But thats still not multi-out...