Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   PT 2019.6 crashes every time while loading VocALign Project 3 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405704)

TKellzzz 07-21-2019 03:41 PM

PT 2019.6 crashes every time while loading VocALign Project 3

Every other AudioSuite works, but PT crashes the instant I select VocALign Project. Doesn't give any crash report or details. Tried restarting computer, multiple playback engines, nothing is working, and I'm extremely frustrated.

Any tips or known bugs?

Darryl Ramm 07-21-2019 03:44 PM

Re: PT 2019.6 crashes every time while loading VocALign Project 3

What exact version of the plugin are you trying to use?

Update to the latest VocALign Project plugin (or whatever they claim is compatible with your version of Pro Tools). Trash prefs. Try again. If it's still not working contact the vendor.

Googleing VocALign Project and "crash" gets you no shortage of reading material :-(

TKellzzz 07-21-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm (Post 2533359)
What exact version of the plugin are you trying to use?

Update to the latest VocALign Project plugin (or whatever they claim is compatible with your version of Pro Tools). Trash prefs. Try again. If it's still not working contact the vendor.

Googleing VocALign Project and "crash" gets you no shortage of reading material :-(

And just like that... it was fixed. I thought I had the most up to date version, but I was wrong. Updating and trashing prefs fixed it, as it always seems to. Thank you so much for your time.

-Tom

Darryl Ramm 07-21-2019 06:15 PM

:-) It's one of those plugins that seems to often drift "out of phase" with Pro Tools.

amagras 07-21-2019 06:40 PM

I've never had this problem with Vocalign but it sometimes crashes PT when I move too fast, not very often and usually only once though

Ray JB 07-22-2019 02:04 AM

Not surprised at all. A while ago I spent some time contacting the developer, asking why the filenames of Vocalign processed ADR takes bore no resemblance to the originals. This is important to Dialogue editors, as we need to track circled Director's takes thru the process of fitting so we can assure them their chosen materials were used.

Vocalign, did and still does just grab some random file name (perhaps the last one processed) and use that. Not good. SyncroArts blamed AVID for it.

Funny thing is, all other plugins I use deal to the file naming correctly.

I am not surprised Vocalign gives you problems. There are other methods for cutting ADR quickly in sync.