Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   New Mbox Pro "Invalid Authorization Code" (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=298746)

envO 04-08-2011 07:47 AM

New Mbox Pro "Invalid Authorization Code"

Hi,

So i bought the new, 3rd gen Mbox pro today and installed Pro Tools LE 8.0.4. I have registered it already but when I open it and put my authorization Code in, it comes up with "Invalid Authorization Code". Has anyone come across this problem? The code starts with DIGI0800 which leads me to guess that, it is an authorization code for 8.0.0 and I have to install that version then update? Is that correct?

If anyone could help with this, that would be amazing.

jeffro 04-08-2011 08:43 AM

Re: New Mbox Pro "Invalid Authorization Code"

Sounds like you are on the right track with that code.

Check out kb351651 for more info on Auth Codes and reply back if that doesn't help.

envO 04-08-2011 09:09 AM

Thankyou for the quick response!
I have bought the Mbox Pro from an authorized dealer and have tried entering the authorization code multiple times, making sure that there is 2 spaces, all "o" shapes are zeros and correct cases. I am still getting the invalid authorization code error.

promixr 04-08-2011 09:10 AM

I would call the Avid authorized reseller you bought this from to help you. I get people up and running with authorization issues all the time. Should not be a problem for anyone reputable.

envO 04-08-2011 09:13 AM

I will contact them asap, but I get the feeling that they're going to say that they can't actually help with this issue and to contact Avid.

I haven't been able to find many other issues like mine, but those who have had the problem found that when they registered there product, an authorization code was emailed to them. When I registered my product 2 emails where sent to me, 1 confirming the details of my registration and another one that gave me the authorization code for my 3rd party content, but still no authorization code for PT 8.0.4. I just don't understand why an authorization code that is included in what you buy, comes up with an invalid error.

zedhed 04-08-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by envO (Post 1779684)
Hi,

So i bought the new, 3rd gen Mbox pro today and installed Pro Tools LE 8.0.4. I have registered it already but when I open it and put my authorization Code in, it comes up with "Invalid Authorization Code". Has anyone come across this problem? The code starts with DIGI0800 which leads me to guess that, it is an authorization code for 8.0.0 and I have to install that version then update? Is that correct?

If anyone could help with this, that would be amazing.

I would try this first.

Install PT8.0 open and authorize then run updaters.

envO 04-09-2011 05:58 PM

Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of a download of PT 8.0? I haven't been able to find anything.

envO 04-11-2011 09:57 AM

Turns out there was 1 character that was wrong in the authorization code given to me with my Mbox Pro. Thankyou to Avid for such amazing support! :D