Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Avid Everywhere for Audio Webinar... (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=372181)

Justin1524 09-21-2015 12:28 PM

Avid Everywhere for Audio Webinar...

Watch it here...
http://connect.avid.com/AE-Audio-Webinar.html

BUT PT CUSTOMERS PLEASE PLEASE REMEMBER THIS...

Quote:

* Discussions surrounding new features and workflows are intended to outline Avid’s general product direction. This information is intended for informational purposes only; it is not a commitment to deliver any functionality and should not be relied upon in making a purchasing decision. The development, release and timing of any features or functionality remains at Avid’s sole discretion.
Features? You want features? You mean you want to pay money and receive features? ;)

zedhed 09-21-2015 12:36 PM

Re: Avid Everywhere for Audio Webinar...

Lol, Avids starting a 'Cult'. :D

nigelpry 09-21-2015 01:51 PM

Everywhere as a concept just isn't of any importance to me or anyone I know.

I sure hope it's important to someone other than Avid, otherwise they've incurred a lot of reputational damage for no tangible benefit and the new features we do actually desire are so much further away than they need have been.

I'm just assuming that, at this stage, the most I can hope for is some bug fixes. I have zero expectation of any 'cool new features' that will actually be of use to me.

Jazzbass56 09-21-2015 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nigelpry (Post 2296039)

I sure hope it's important to someone other than Avid, otherwise they've incurred a lot of reputational damage for no tangible benefit and the new features we do actually desire are so much further away than they need have been.

I'm just assuming that, at this stage, the most I can hope for is some bug fixes. I have zero expectation of any 'cool new features' that will actually be of use to me.

I have to agree, Avid everywhere? Really?
Sad really hope they get it turned around..

JCBigler 09-21-2015 05:47 PM

"Blah, blah, blah...some cool marketing jargon...blah, blah, blah...Avid Everywhere...blah, blah, blah...more annoying marketing jargon that no one outside of Avid's marketing department understands...blah, blah, blah...."

This is the theme song for Avid's Marketing Department:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_uPVHogPvM

amagras 09-21-2015 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nigelpry (Post 2296039)

Most people I work with are musicians, most of them learn how to use Protools just to be able to record themselves, it is not likely that they are going to spend time learning how to use something they don't really need. Maybe for future generations this will be a great feature...

ArKay99 09-21-2015 07:54 PM

When I got to the the disclaimer I 'opted out' of continued watching...I decided it was a better waste of my time to to post here instead of watching AVID dream about itself...

Carl Kolchak 09-21-2015 08:54 PM

Audio Everywhere Q and A

Quote:

Rich Holmes :

"We're not ready to announce the time frame, because we really want to go through an extensive beta period, because we realise this is all about the way people interact with each other.

We want to make sure we get that right before it goes... so we'll be stepping up the beta cycle ; bigger, and bigger betas.

Once we're 100% happy that we're all good... that's when we'll see it."

Quote:

Tony Cariddi :

"I think it's fair to say we'll see a beta this year."

Quote:

Rich Holmes :

"Oh you'll definitely see a beta this year." *

So what happened to that public beta we were invited to sign up for, when PT12 was launched, and PT | First announced?

When will that escalate in to bigger, and bigger betas?

At what point will it be ready for a full roll out?

This is clearly a tall order, and even when delivered, will take the end user a while to figure out if it is something they really want, and how to incorporate it in to their existing workflow, or adapt to a completely new workflow.

That in itself will take some time, and effort, from both Avid, and it's customers.

To then try to compress that, by imposing a deadline on the customers - just 3 months from now. Or perhaps worse, delivering at a nebulous later date, but only if the customers have already handed over their money, or else find themselves locked out - is pure lunacy.

* Chat Archive From Avid Everywhere for Audio Webinar : May 21, 2014