Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   no sound after installing Microsoft updates (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=384372)

jpmorgan 09-21-2016 10:54 AM

no sound after installing Microsoft updates

1 Attachment(s)
I believe the new Microsoft updates I just installed have cancelled my M-Box Mini as my computer's designated sound card. This has happened before, but then, I was able to reach a screen that allowed me to change it back. Unfortunately, I can't find that screen again. How can I reset my computer's designated sound card to my M-Box?

guitardom 09-21-2016 11:04 AM

Re: no sound after installing Microsoft updates

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmorgan (Post 2382760)
I believe the new Microsoft updates I just installed have cancelled my M-Box Mini as my computer's designated sound card. This has happened before, but then, I was able to reach a screen that allowed me to change it back. Unfortunately, I can't find that screen again. How can I reset my computer's designated sound card to my M-Box?

Control panel > Sound

Southsidemusic 09-21-2016 11:31 AM

Launch PT with the "N" key held down and choose your interface when the popup window shows.

musicman691 09-21-2016 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardom (Post 2382761)
Control panel > Sound

And while you're in Windows Control Panel remember to turn off USB port power savings measures.

jpmorgan 09-22-2016 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardom (Post 2382761)
Control panel > Sound

That doesn't display the M-Box, and it offers no way to switch from the motherboard's built-in sound card to the M-Box. I don't see such an option in the Control Panel. Am I missing something?

jpmorgan 09-22-2016 02:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2382765)
Launch PT with the "N" key held down and choose your interface when the popup window shows.

I tried that, but the popup that appears doesn't offer any option to switch from the motherboard's built-in sound card to the M-Box Mini as the designated sound card. The Playback Engine is set as "Windows Audio Device". It should read M-Box Mini", shouldn't it? How can you change it?

musicman691 09-22-2016 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmorgan (Post 2382895)
That doesn't display the M-Box, and it offers no way to switch from the motherboard's built-in sound card to the M-Box. I don't see such an option in the Control Panel. Am I missing something?

Is the interface receiving power and is it turned on? Have you installed any drivers for the interface? Maybe try a different USB cable.

DigiTechSupt 10-03-2016 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmorgan (Post 2382897)
I tried that, but the popup that appears doesn't offer any option to switch from the motherboard's built-in sound card to the M-Box Mini as the designated sound card. The Playback Engine is set as "Windows Audio Device". It should read M-Box Mini", shouldn't it? How can you change it?

Try installing ASIO 4 ALL. www.asio4all.com Use this as your Playback Engine and change the I/O on the track to your interface.