Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   ICON & C|24 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Control 24 firmware (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=110338)

Jsalam112 07-08-2004 07:10 AM

Control 24 firmware

My C24 is about 2 years old. I've never had any problems with it until now.
The serial# is: PW0171400F
Firmware: COMv1.08

I'm running:
Pro Tools 6.4 HD3 Accel
OS 10.3.4
G5 dual 1.8

Is this the correct firmware and if not where do I download the most recent version?

Thanks

Daniel Reis 08-08-2004 06:52 AM

Re: Control 24 firmware

i'm curious also. the firmware has to be updated at some point, there are lots of funtions writen on the control surface that does not work

hanz marathon 08-08-2004 10:24 PM

Hi,

unfortunately this is the 'latest' version. Digi could finally update.........

skullseven 08-16-2004 01:17 PM

I cant find where to download the latest firmware version.

DigiTechSupt 08-24-2004 04:37 PM

Hi,

The latest version always gets installed with Pro Tools. If you change versions of Pro Tools it will change the version of it will Pro Tools will prompt you to download the firmware from your computer to your Control|24. Pro Tools should always install the appropriate version of firmware for your version of Pro Tools. If you are having problem with your Control|24 it is best to contact us directly. We can figure out what is going on and help you get it taken care of.

Thanks,
Digidesign Tech Support

Teletoby 05-18-2020 11:15 AM

I have a similar problem, the faders are jumping around, but only after a time when the unit becomes warmer. It starts with bank one and after a time the bank two follows. I've tried already to clean all the connectors and else. I am not sure if its a software problem, but it doesn't seems like that, since it doesn't do right from the beginning. :confused:

albee1952 05-18-2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teletoby (Post 2566210)
I have a similar problem, the faders are jumping around, but only after a time when the unit becomes warmer. It starts with bank one and after a time the bank two follows. I've tried already to clean all the connectors and else. I am not sure if its a software problem, but it doesn't seems like that, since it doesn't do right from the beginning. :confused:

things to consider:
1-since you dredged up a 16 year old thread for this, its likely better to start a new thread.
2-include a lot more information about the entire system
3-do you really mean a Control 24, or the newer C24?
4-based on your description, it would seem that a component is failing after heating up.

crizdee 05-21-2020 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teletoby (Post 2566210)

Hi,

Classic sign of the power supply starting to fail. I used a Control 24 for 15 years and had this problem about 3 times with the faders not working correctly and its mostly the power supply. first bank 1-8 then bank 9-16 after its been on for a while. other thing to look at is the Molex connection from the power supply to the fader boards but as its happening on two banks i would say power supply.

Most common failure on the power supply is the C20 capasitor which can be removed and replaced quite easily if youre ok with a soldering iron.

Chris