Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Running LE and M-powered on same system (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=279890)

necjamc 08-12-2010 07:46 PM

Running LE and M-powered on same system

I have read all the threads and am ready to install, but most threads say they need to be the same version. Since there is no 8.04 full installer, and I have 8.04 on my machine, am I out of luck. I don't want to waste my time rolling back, on my laptop my image of the drive was after 8.04 was installed.

Any thoughts.

Edit: I say "waste", because I don't really need the Micro with LE for a while, as it's for traveling etc.

TCM 08-13-2010 04:54 AM

Re: Running LE and M-powered on same system

AFAIK it is only one or the other.

One solution I see is to create a dual boot system!

necjamc 08-13-2010 06:42 AM

That's one solution thanks. I could set UP a n2w os wiTh a shared partition for files.

spkguitar 08-13-2010 07:19 AM

I'm confused (but I usually am when I read the DUC).

LE and M-Powered can live on the same system as long as they are the same version.

You already have LE 8.0.4? Why can't you install M-Powered 8.0.4? Is it because M-Powered isn't installed yet? You really shouldn't have to roll back anything, I think all you need to do is just install MP8 (whichever version you have), then upgrade it to 8.0.4.

I completely agree that the process necessary to do this should be MUCH easier. There really shouldn't be two/three versions of the software; it should be ONE unified Pro Tools. MP/LE/HD all in one, and depending on your license you get the features that you paid for.

necjamc 08-13-2010 10:46 AM

Well I have mpowered 8.0.4. Will installing 8.0.3 over it then updating it be possible. I don't have an 8.0.4 full installer?

spkguitar 08-13-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by necjamc (Post 1651140)
Well I have mpowered 8.0.4. Will installing 8.0.3 over it then updating it be possible.

It should be. You may have to re-run the M-Powered update to 8.0.4 again after all is said and done.
Quote:

Originally Posted by necjamc (Post 1651140)
I don't have an 8.0.4 full installer?

That's because there (currently) isn't one for either product. ;)

necjamc 08-13-2010 11:05 AM

I know just putting in the obvious. ;)

necjamc 10-27-2010 08:00 PM

Just for anyone that's curious I got this working well,
here is what I did....

Installed Profire 2626; Then installed LE and Mbox2 Micro. Ran it and updated to 8.0.4 CS2.
After I was sure that it was working correctly, I copied the EXE file from my studio computer running M-powered and my 2626 and just pasted it in the Pro tools folder. now when running LE and my micro, or when I bring up my 2626 they both work without any noticeable glitches. I did not have to install M-powered, just the ilok with the license and my hardware.

Just an FYI:-)