Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Session crashes when trying to Bounce offline (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=399991)

WildHoney 06-28-2018 11:54 AM

Session crashes when trying to Bounce offline

Hey
I'm consistently running into issues where my session will bounce fine if I'm using the old real-time method, but if I go to bounce offline, PT spins for a few moments and then crashes. Anybody know what might be causing this? I've tried reducing the CPU load by freezing most of the tracks, but doesn't seem to change behavior.

theom 07-09-2018 05:49 PM

Re: Session crashes when trying to Bounce offline

Just curious, are there any multi mono plug-ins instanced on multi-channel tracks in the session you are attempting to offline bounce?

WildHoney 07-09-2018 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theom (Post 2493660)
Just curious, are there any multi mono plug-ins instanced on multi-channel tracks in the session you are attempting to offline bounce?

Yes, several on stereo aux tracks.

albee1952 07-10-2018 09:48 AM

Maybe commit those tracks before the bounce? Or make sends inactive and test as I had some sessions that would crash BTD every time and troubleshooting showed that the issue was a send. Replacing the bus used with another open bus solved it(never did figure out why one send, which was renamed, could cause that, but after I replaced it with an open bus, those sessions all bounced without issue):o

WildHoney 07-10-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2493720)
Maybe commit those tracks before the bounce? Or make sends inactive and test as I had some sessions that would crash BTD every time and troubleshooting showed that the issue was a send. Replacing the bus used with another open bus solved it(never did figure out why one send, which was renamed, could cause that, but after I replaced it with an open bus, those sessions all bounced without issue):o

Interesting -- I do use quite a bit of aux routing with submixes, key compression, fx. Are you saying that simply deleting the current routing and creating a new I/O with newly created auxes might do the trick?

albee1952 07-10-2018 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHoney (Post 2493728)
Interesting -- I do use quite a bit of aux routing with submixes, key compression, fx. Are you saying that simply deleting the current routing and creating a new I/O with newly created auxes might do the trick?

Exactly what solved it here. I had made 2 bus paths named DverbL and DverbR(I use them to send electric guitar tracks to mono Dverbs that get hard-panned away from the source tracks). I had a batch of sessions that would crash on BTD every time(on-line or off-line). To get the project done, I created a MIX track and bused everything to that and recorded the final. Once I finished and was able to get down to serious troubleshooting, one test was done with all sends inactive. Once I did that, the BTD went off without a hitch. From there, it was pretty easy to zero in on which send was at fault:o

WildHoney 07-10-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2493764)
Exactly what solved it here. I had made 2 bus paths named DverbL and DverbR(I use them to send electric guitar tracks to mono Dverbs that get hard-panned away from the source tracks). I had a batch of sessions that would crash on BTD every time(on-line or off-line). To get the project done, I created a MIX track and bused everything to that and recorded the final. Once I finished and was able to get down to serious troubleshooting, one test was done with all sends inactive. Once I did that, the BTD went off without a hitch. From there, it was pretty easy to zero in on which send was at fault:o

I see. That's great information -- I will rebuild my template from the ground up and see how the next few weeks go.