Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   HDX (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=411341)

frazzz 07-30-2020 09:41 AM

HDX

Hello,

OK I ask for a little assistance with the Pro Tools software side of things.

I got myself an HDX card so I could have one of these for future use - I do have an account with Avid I think but not really used it yet.

Please correct me any of this is not correct.

12.8.3 is the final version of Pro Tools that is supported with Windows 7 and anything from 12.6 upwards requires an Digi-link I/O license as well.

As I plan to use 3rd party interfaces I know one of these are needed.

If a new perpetual license was purchased for the current version of PT Ultimate would it be possible to use all older versions of PT if I wanted to?

eg_using_12.8 on Windows 7?

Maybe others have crossed this situation as well - Thanks

frazzz 07-30-2020 12:10 PM

Re: HDX

Hi,

Got an email from Avid - Any new licenses bought now are compatible with the older versions of PT which is good news.

I've created an account (master)_and a download account as well so the PT versions can be downloaded.

I take it there is no problem downloading and using the downloads so long as there is a current valid license is on iLok - Any comments welcome thanks

Darryl Ramm 07-30-2020 01:03 PM

If you have the software in your Avid.com account go ahead and download it and test stuff works...

Don’t forget to actually transfer the license from your ilock.com account to your iLok.

albee1952 07-31-2020 08:26 AM

The Digilink license was added as of 12.6, so you will need that as well($299 for permanent digilink license):o

frazzz 07-31-2020 04:41 PM

Hi,

Yes I've downloaded from the Avid account and will be adding a license at some point for the iLOK account.

There may be a chance to get a V12 license which is legitimate, however, the Avid account only shows software downloads from V 12.6 onwards.

Is there a place to download versions from 12 thru 12.5? - If I decided to go for the 12 perpetual license that may be available

Is there any advantage to doing this? - apart from being able to use PT without Digi-I/O license.

For example is 12.6.1 heaps better than say 12.3?

If I get a subscription all versions from 12.6 are ready for use which is probably the best option but it's good to cover the angles - Thanks

TOM@METRO 08-01-2020 10:40 AM

My favorite in that era for "audio only" was 12.4. (But no Collaboration.)

Brandonx1 08-02-2020 03:54 PM

12.7.1 most stable on my end

frazzz 08-08-2020 04:45 PM

Hello again,

Thanks for the comments - I've downloaded quite a few of the older PT versions starting with 12.6.

I've decided I'd go with the subscription model as the perpetual version still has some plugins tied to the subscription model and if enough is saved then the price comes down by paying for 1 year in one go - This is the cheapest way.

I know also that a Digi_Link license is needed for 3rd party interfaces eg_focusrite and is £250 (one off payment)&_perpetual_non_repeatable_payment - This is correct isn't it?

If a 2nd 3rd party interface was added -(antelope_audio_for_example)_the 1 x digi_link license would still be OK would it? -

I was looking for the newer HD / HDX driver downloads for the cards - I assume a driver is required isn't it? - separately to the PT software?

I've not taken the plunge yet on the subscription but would like to get the drivers lined up if possible along with all the versions of PT already downloaded so just the drivers are needed now - but they don't appear to be in the Master account nor the download section - Thanks for info.

<<<<<< ok I do apologize, as I've looked thorugh the downloads and the HD drivers have been downloaded (and backed up)_ these are for core_audio support are they not? - eg - using a "regular" DAW eg Reaper, Cubase with the HDX cards and limited to 32 I/O ? - this must be correct right?

I'll re_phrase the question - are any other drivers needed to get the HDX cards to work with PT? - once the digi_link_license_is covered and the payment plan also - Then it'd be ready to work without any further drivers?