Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   no sound from mbox, macbook pro (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=295499)

mackback 02-25-2011 04:16 AM

no sound from mbox, macbook pro

I just bought a new mbox pro (3) with pro tools 8 LE and I can't get any sound from the mbox. At first I had trouble installing pro tools and it couldn't find the hardware, it seems that it got fixed because I can open pro tools and it says that it's connected to the hardware. But I can't get any sound from my mbox except for the metronome in pro tools. When I play music in spotify the music still comes from my macbook, and not the mbox. Please help me, I'm loosing my mind!

HD2 02-25-2011 09:31 AM

Re: no sound from mbox, macbook pro

Go to the set up menu and select playback engine. Make sure the mbox is selected in the drop down menu.

jbasil 02-25-2011 09:59 AM

You also must boot the Mbox Pro's control panel and set up the unit's routing. The one I have been using did not boot up in any kind of routed state. Had to set it up. Unfortunately, PTools and this control panel do not communicate with each other much, except for the passing of signal and acknowledging how the other is set up. Put the Mbox control panel in the dock. You'll need to access it often.

mackback 12-21-2011 05:28 AM

Hi again!

As of yesterday, my mbox pro 3 isn't giving out any sound anymore. I can see in the software programme (mbox pro) that i have a signal and i can start my ptools 8 le, but no sound is coming out either from the speaker outputs or the headphone outputs. Sometimes the speakerlight is yellow and sometimes it starts to blink with a blue light and sometimes it's green. I need help right away, because i have a final project for one of my collegeclasses, due soon.

bcrichguitar 01-08-2014 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mackback (Post 1757843)
I just bought a new mbox pro (3) with pro tools 8 LE and I can't get any sound from the mbox. At first I had trouble installing pro tools and it couldn't find the hardware, it seems that it got fixed because I can open pro tools and it says that it's connected to the hardware. But I can't get any sound from my mbox except for the metronome in pro tools. When I play music in spotify the music still comes from my macbook, and not the mbox. Please help me, I'm loosing my mind!

Hello guys.

Try this !

Go to AUDIO MIDI SETUP than choose whatever device(Interface) you have .
Right side of AUDIO MIDI SET UP window you will see CLOCK SOURCE . What do you see on Clock Source???? INTERNAL ???? if so , just select different clock source and back to Internal . You will hear the sound from Monitor again !!

Hopefully this helps