Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   United Plugins FrontDAW Free Until Sept 15th (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406255)

DonaldM 09-10-2019 10:02 AM

United Plugins FrontDAW Free Until Sept 15th

I saw on Production Expert that United Plugins in offering their production plugin FrontDAW for FREEuntil September 15th. Normally it is €49. As described at Production Expert:

Quote:

What Is FrontDAW?

As the name suggests, Front DAW is intended to be used as the very first plugin on every track. The plugin adds gain and subtle saturation to them. Thanks to VARM (Variable Analogue Random Modeling – used also previously on Royal Compressor) each track would sound slightly different even with identical settings.
The plugin offers three types of saturation circuits: BR represents classic fat British consoles, US stands for legendary punchy American style input. Switching to GE will give you velvet-sounding colourful vintage German tube console. All you have to do is to set the gain, choose saturation mode and set the saturation amount with the Mojo knob.

I've only had a limited experience in trying it, but already I can tell you it does add a really nice flavor to a track, or a submix, or the entire mix. I tried it on individual instrument tracks, a drum submix, and the Main mix bus. It just sounds really nice to my ears. And you can beat that price!

It is worth a tryout. You go to the United Plugins website, download the license, then get the "Try it for Free" download, install, and then open PT and put it on a track. Then, you should see a place to upgrade to full version, which will then allow you to access the license you downloaded, and bingo, its yours forever, free.

JFreak 09-10-2019 10:18 AM

Re: United Plugins FrontDAW Free Until Sept 15th

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonaldM (Post 2537635)
And you can beat that price!

Yes you can but so far not so many vendors have paid me for using their software

DonaldM 09-10-2019 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2537638)
Yes you can but so far not so many vendors have paid me for using their software

Janne,

We're just not important enough, I guess! :p

Of course I meant to say you CAN NOT beat the price!

JFreak 09-10-2019 10:27 AM

Got it there. Nice typo though

amagras 09-10-2019 12:19 PM

I like it too but I think it really needs a trip knob, I've been told it will be added in a future update. I also can't hear much difference between the 3 modes, a possible explanation could be if they modeled the saturation but not the frequency response which IMHO makes it useful as most other consoles emulations I own do both.

Southsidemusic 09-10-2019 01:22 PM

Are you guys serious? You really think that sounds good and adds to a already well made mix? Jeez ... doesn’t mattdr free or not! It doesn’t even have a output compensation, no unity when driving the input to reduce output signal.. and more and more and more weirdness !!

Just pay for something better like a Softube Console1 mk2 or even Waves equivalent NLS with three different modes but BETTER!

Or get $39 and get this years best plugin so far called True Iron which is AWESOME!

All these free offerings makes our music sound worse with some of them than without. I say hell no! Don’t bother as no one would buy this half baked plugin for anything other than free and even that feels wrong

This whole plugin jungle where every man and his dog makes plugins has got soo over saturated they now give us crappy ”free” versions to lure people in but I say No More free or not! The FRONT DAW plugin just doesn’t do much at all.

JFreak 09-10-2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2537652)
It doesn’t even have a output compensation

Louder is better right :D:D:D

amagras 09-10-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2537652)
Are you guys serious? You really think that sounds good and adds to a already well made mix? Jeez ... doesn’t mattdr free or not! It doesn’t even have a output compensation, no unity when driving the input to reduce output signal..

This whole plugin ju gle where every man and his dog makes plugins has got soo over saturated they now give us crappy ”free” versions to lure people in but I say No More free or not! It just doesn’t do much at all.

UP plugins are not really every man and their dog, Meldaproductions is a serious developer with lots of good products to prove their experience. I agree about the trim knob as I said and that it's not really a game changer but good saturation ITB has its advantages. BTW in my first post I should have said TRIM knob instead of "trip" although the latter can be useful [emoji846]

Southsidemusic 09-10-2019 02:09 PM

Melda has never been anything special either and maybe I shouldn’t comment on plugins anymore since we stopped buying the same emulations from 200 different developers two years ago and bought a crapload of hardware which is soo much better its insane. There are the UA and KUSH and Slate everything bundle and them we have the PIA Mega bundle but the rest of the 300+ plugins are never used anymore. We run cool hardware like Looptrotter, IGS, Bettermaker, Tube Tech SSL and now the new APB-16 from McDSP which ”might” be the best ”analog” ITB plugins outside the box we ever had! Yes 7K is a lot but damn damn damn ... That green box kills! And the new SSL Fusion is used on every session which is toooo great to explain. You need to try one IRL :cool:

So no more plugins here. Thanks for your input but I wont debate crappy plugins vs Good ones and include free stuff that some seem to think are as good as the paid versions.

amagras 09-10-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2537657)
Melda has never been anything special either and maybe I shouldn’t comment on plugins anymore since we stopped buying the same emulations from 200 different developers two years ago and bought a crapload of hardware which is soo much better its insane. There are the UA and KUSH and Slate everything bundle and them we have the PIA Mega bundle but the rest of the 300+ plugins are never used anymore. We run cool hardware like Looptrotter, IGS, Bettermaker, Tube Tech SSL and now the new APB-16 from McDSP which ”might” be the best ”analog” ITB plugins outside the box we ever had! Yes 7K is a lot but damn damn damn ... That green box kills! And the new SSL Fusion is used on every session which is toooo great to explain. You need to try one IRL :cool:

So no more plugins here. Thanks for your input but I wont debate crappy plugins vs Good ones and include free stuff that some seem to think are as good as the paid versions.

Why don't you simply list your gear in your signature? You'll type less overall [emoji12]