Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   A little suggestion (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=315541)

kinghand 01-13-2012 06:41 PM

A little suggestion

Why don't Avid produce a single track control surface? My friends and I, we are both using analog consoles for mixing, but we have to make automations on PT, we don't have too much space to place a control surface on the console or beside it. If we have a single track control surface, it will be much better, I know there are single track control surfaces from other manufactors, such as Presonus, but they are really not good enough. So if Avid could provide a single channel control surface with enough good compatibility, that will be great!

jryser 01-13-2012 09:29 PM

Presonus makes a wonderful one called Faderport. Check it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonepad 01-14-2012 11:29 PM

Re: A little suggestion

Also consider the Alphatrack, which adds plugin encoder/control to the fader. I have both and I favor the Faderport for the basic controls and for the reason that it has a dedicated button for switching from edit window to mix window, which I do constantly. The Alphatrack can do that switch as well but there's an extra button involved, however I've enjoyed using that piece. You can also add/expand to a dedicated plugin controller with the Novation Nocturn, which is a great set of plugin control knobs, which I've used for years. All of them are now offline since I migrated to an Artist Control...the eucon implementation is light years beyond what the simpler devices can do with the HUI protocol.

musicman691 01-15-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonepad (Post 1890090)
Also consider the Alphatrack, which adds plugin encoder/control to the fader. I have both and I favor the Faderport for the basic controls and for the reason that it has a dedicated button for switching from edit window to mix window, which I do constantly. The Alphatrack can do that switch as well but there's an extra button involved, however I've enjoyed using that piece. You can also add/expand to a dedicated plugin controller with the Novation Nocturn, which is a great set of plugin control knobs, which I've used for years. All of them are now offline since I migrated to an Artist Control...the eucon implementation is light years beyond what the simpler devices can do with the HUI protocol.

Sadly the Alphatrack (as well as the Tranzport) are no longer available from Frontier Designs. Production stopped some time back and there's none available new on the net.

Xill 01-15-2012 10:50 AM

One fader only is really going for the low-end user. I don't think this would do justice to the Euphonix name, which came out with a neat 4 faders-touchscreen interface.

jorg 01-16-2012 04:59 AM

The faderport was great in Cubase but not so great in Pro Tools as it was really difficult to locate the paramater you wanted to control.
If there was a faderport that used the eucon protocol then it would be great. I'd for sure buy it as 1 fader is all I need to write my automation.

And I don't understand the assumption why you have to be a "low end" user to want that. It's like saying only poor people drive a golf.

kinghand 01-23-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xill (Post 1890218)
One fader only is really going for the low-end user. I don't think this would do justice to the Euphonix name, which came out with a neat 4 faders-touchscreen interface.

I would rather buy a expensive single track Euphonix if there is one. I have tried Alphatrack and Faderport, they are not good for working with PT. I know Euphonix is a good controller, and it's cheap, but I don't have room to place it. It's the biggest reason why I want a single track controller.