Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Cloud Uploads fail since upgrade to 2019.12/Catalina (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=407731)

tkuhn89 12-21-2019 11:27 AM

Cloud Uploads fail since upgrade to 2019.12/Catalina

As you all may know Avid issued their first version of PT that supports Catalina. I mistakenly did the upgrade as the email sent out by avid suggested that majority of the features should be working with Catalina - unfortunately, since doing the update - every time I try to upload tracks/audio to my cloud sessions - they fail to upload.

I have tried looking in the OS security settings to see if there is something blocking the connection - but that proved no results. I've tried all of the following with no luck fixing the issue:

uninstalled/reinstalled Pro Tools and the Cloud Client Services
trashed preferences
created a new user on the computer
tried wi-fi vs ethernet

I opened support ticket and they haven't provided much help. I'm wondering if there are any other users out there that have experience this issue and if they have any other suggestions. If I don't find a resolution soon I'm considering doing a fresh install of Mojave and reverting back to 2019.10. But I would love to avoid that.

JFreak 12-21-2019 11:33 AM

Re: Cloud Uploads fail since upgrade to 2019.12/Catalina

Hi, welcome to the community.

Anyone else see this?

hakofred 12-29-2019 11:29 AM

Exactly the same problem here. Have tried everything that you describes and still no solution. It seemes that all contact is blocked or not available.
When i am invited to a project, everything goes fine until the download of files starts. The Task Manager shows "failed" on all files.

hakofred 12-30-2019 09:19 AM

So no one else experience this big problem? I find protools useless until this problem is solved.

jeffro 12-30-2019 09:45 AM

I'll take a look for your support case, but in the meantime please see pg12 in the Mac Read Me for info on changing Full Disk Access from its default settings. The Read Me's are linked from the Pro Tools 2019.12 Release Info and this topic was added to its Tech Alerts section.

hakofred 12-30-2019 10:14 AM

Awesome Jeffro! Thank you, problem solved! After cheking this two files everything works fine:-)
This shows how important it is to read the release documents properly before installing, me included!

seba.aracena 08-19-2020 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2549379)
I'll take a look for your support case, but in the meantime please see pg12 in the Mac Read Me for info on changing Full Disk Access from its default settings. The Read Me's are linked from the Pro Tools 2019.12 Release Info and this topic was added to its Tech Alerts section.

How can I fix the same issue in High Sierra?

jeffro 08-19-2020 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seba.aracena (Post 2575412)
How can I fix the same issue in High Sierra?

Not the same issue if you are running High Sierra since this started with a change in Catalina. You also have similar posts across 4 threads, and your sig shows v12.7 but this is the 2019 forum. Help Us Help You