Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Protools 2019.12 and Catalina 10.15.2 combo (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=407697)

jeam25 12-19-2019 08:36 PM

Protools 2019.12 and Catalina 10.15.2 combo

This post purpose is sharing my software and gear list for PT and Catalina combo so may can help others. Feel free to add your plugins in the reply so the other can benefit from it before jumping into Catalina.

My list :

- Clarett 8 pre X TB driver and control panel

- M audio keystation midi controller

- UAD satelitte FW

- Waves audio plugins

- Sonnox Plugins

- Reason 9

- Native Access Komplete

- Solid State Duende

- Toontrack

- Plugin Alliance

- Softube

- Sound Elements

- Muteomatic

- Antares

- Celemony

- Steven Slate Trigger

- Ample Sound

- Sample Magic

- Blue Cat Audio

Everything is updated to the last version and working perfect !

globaleric 12-20-2019 12:19 AM

Re: Protools 2019.12 and Catalina 10.15.2 combo

Are you saying that Antares plugins are working fine, despite of not being officially supported on Catalina yet?
(The Antares website is mentioning issues rather with the installers than with the actual plugins, so updating MacOS and PT while leaving the plugins untouched could actually work)

jeam25 12-20-2019 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by globaleric (Post 2548398)
Are you saying that Antares plugins are working fine, despite of not being officially supported on Catalina yet?
(The Antares website is mentioning issues rather with the installers than with the actual plugins, so updating MacOS and PT while leaving the plugins untouched could actually work)

Yes and working perfect here Antares autotune pro and Steven Slate Trigger.

Obsidian Dragon 12-20-2019 02:49 PM

I see you stated that you are running the latest versions. Has any one tried older versions of Waves plugins (for those that opted out of WUP)

jeam25 12-20-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsidian Dragon (Post 2548478)
What version of Waves plugins are you running?

Hi the last one ... i think ver. 11, im gonna check for you.

JFreak 12-20-2019 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsidian Dragon (Post 2548478)
I see you stated that you are running the latest versions. Has any one tried older versions of Waves plugins (for those that opted out of WUP)

You need V10 to get them working from old upgraded install and V11 to actually install to a new system. Big ripoff $$$ plan by our trusted wavesHELL

jeam25 12-23-2019 10:21 AM

Yes v11 running here

TNM 12-25-2019 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2548503)
You need V10 to get them working from old upgraded install and V11 to actually install to a new system. Big ripoff $$$ plan by our trusted wavesHELL

I bought 2 years of WUP for all my waves plugins in advance. I only have one big bundle, horizon, and the rest are all individual licenses and small bundles. I got zero new stuff for horizon in the 2 years (that i know of), and it expired a few days before V11 was released. So now I have horizon and another 30 indi wavs plugins I can't install on Catalina and actually got zero for my money when the WUP was actually active.

Note to self.. only ever buy WUP in the future when there is a major upgrade. Not before.
Buy it for the minimum time and from a reseller to save some money. Let it for for years and do not pay for it again until a major new version. And then buy it for one year again.

Oh well, I'll use them on my iMac pro instead.

Furthermore, when I upgraded to horizon, and some smaller bundles, it worked out that i had may duplicate licenses for individual plugins left over. At the time I bought them, waves had free license transfers for any product that had an RRP of less than $700 USD. They changed the transfer policy AFTER i had spent all this money on individual licenses (cause I wanted to have control and not be tied to one big bundle like mercury), and now I won't be able to sell any of them and have anything left over with the new transfer fees. So i just have a bunch of plugins sitting there doing nothing. I really don't think that's right to change policies cause I bought them all at a time when I read the current transfer policy prior to purchasing, and that's the one I agreed to. I have written them a letter but we'll see what happens. They limit the amount of characters you can use so I had to condense the email as much as possible whilst still trying to make sense and cover all the points I needed to.

dmitch 01-02-2020 08:50 AM

I found that none of my Waves V11 virtual instrument plugins work with with PT 2019.12 and Catalina. All of them crash PT immediately on loading. The Waves website now clearly states that this config is not supported:

https://www.waves.com/support/tech-s...upported-hosts

I imagine non-instrument Waves plugins might work...but virtual instrument, no way.

WorldStudios 01-16-2020 06:14 AM

I have updated to Catalina 10.15.1 and ProTools 2019.12 in a New 2019 MacPro running 1 HDX card and I would say that so far EVERYTHING works. Gatekeeper makes installing the plugins an adventure, but once everything is installed, it all seems to work. Even oooold plugins from 2014 open up fine and I have not had any crashes to speak of. Waves v10 (mercury) and v11 (the rest) both work.

10.15.2 is not yet qualified for PT, but then again, neither is anything I am using, so... Is it safe to go 15.2?? :D