Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Audiosuite preview (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=147017)

Lexgotham 09-19-2005 11:46 AM

Audiosuite preview

How come I can't hear any sound from the preview option of any audiosuite plugin??
I use PT 6.9 cs3 revision.
Everything is routed well and I can hear everything else but this.

Any help would be great cause I'm stuck (once more...)
Thank you.

Rail Jon Rogut 09-19-2005 11:53 AM

Re: Audiosuite preview

Check your options in the Output tab in your I/O Setup dialog.

Rail

The Rockroom 09-19-2005 12:06 PM

Are you by any chance routing the track out through ADAT or S/PDIF on a 002?

Very ironically, I am working on the exact same problem at the moment on PTLE 6.92/OSX 10.42/002r, and I have found that if you use the 002 analog main outputs, you can hear the AS plugin preview there, but I am trying to figure out if it is possible to get it to show up on ADAT 1&2.

I don't normally use the analog outs to my board, but I do use ADAT & S/PDIF, so to hear the AS plug preview, I have to have a separate analog out to the board & switch to it for monitoring AS plug previews. Kind of a pain, but I'm open to suggestions.

Is there a way to map it to the ADAT outs without giving up the standard ADAT out setup?

I read in another thread that it is a known issue that AS preview will not work through the S/PDIF outputs, maybe this is also part of that issue.

Hope this is of some value...

Lexgotham 09-19-2005 12:07 PM

Exactly!!
Valuable it is but unfortunately of no help right? :-(

I"m routing everything through Optical S/PDIF (Adat 1+2)because I'm using a Fireface800 as AD-DA converter.
I can't give up this configuration. That would mean i would have to give up good (better at least) converters and more than 1200$ I spent for those...
If any solution with ADAT, let me know please...

Yesterday I found the spectacular and unexpected PDC issue, now this, I'm getting tired of it and of all that blue screens I get since two weeks (when I purchased my Digi002).
What else now?
Hope things will get better because this is a real mess right now...

The Rockroom 09-19-2005 01:58 PM

The AS plugs only show up in the main outs of the 002, and I cannot find a way to get them to ADAT without screwing up my own setup.

It is an obvious flaw, but, for now, what I've done to use AS plugs, is kept a pair of headphones plugged into the 002, & when I use the AS plugs, I have to either use the phones or switch to listen to the 002 main outs in my mixer, which can be a pain too.

At least with this option, your setup stays the same.

The headphone thing might be an option for you, and the only other thing I can come up with is getting the plugin set up in RTAS, then saving the settings into the "load" menu, and opening the corresponding AS plug & recall that setting and process it.

There is no apparent fix for this yet, but hopefully we will see it addressed in the near future...

I guess the thing I really hate about this stuff is that you need to go through the aggravation of having the problems, before you know about them, then you scour the Digi site for answers, and ultimately find out that the problem is just part of the deal..

Finding a quick workaround is the best approach, and so far, this is what I have had to do too.