Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Auto Tune Crashing Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=403261)

bluedreamstudios 02-05-2019 12:03 AM

Auto Tune Crashing Pro Tools

Auto Tune pro is crashing protools. I choose "track" and at the end of tracking a vocal it will just crash. every time. I'm running the latest of both software.

WernerF 02-17-2019 05:50 PM

Re: Auto Tune Crashing Pro Tools

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedreamstudios (Post 2515469)
Auto Tune pro is crashing protools. I choose "track" and at the end of tracking a vocal it will just crash. every time. I'm running the latest of both software.

Yup, been crashing here too. It even eventually crashes Pro Tools 10 if I instantiate it. Useful but buggy as heck. I’m actually surprised that no one else hasn’t stated that they are experiencing the same issues.

joeydego 02-19-2019 07:35 PM

That’s avids way of saying find people who can sing :D

JFreak 02-19-2019 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeydego (Post 2517157)
That’s avids way of saying find people who can sing :D

haha :D

maybe avid's way of saying this 3rd party vendor needs to produce better code

Mixchump 02-20-2019 07:43 AM

I've been having this exact problem as well. I'm finding the AT Pro (vers 9.0.1.0) to very buggy with repect to certain bits of correction data (curves, lines, etc.) to cause horrendous DC blasts, and/or crash ProTools entirely.

The problem the OP has described, where trying to scan goes over a certain spot that causes an instant crash has been driving me nuts lately. Most times, I can scan the phrase, but then when I play back the same spot, I get instant crash.

I've also had this thing where I scan a certain line, between other lines that I've already tuned. I can see it drawing the waveform and the pitch detection on the screen, but when I stop, it's gone! I tend to tune-while-comping the vocal - meaning that, once we've chosen the comp, I'll scan that line and tune it right away to make sure that we all like the result.

The workaround I've been doing lately, is that if I re-scan the entire song, that seems to fix the missing section stuff - and makes it MUCH less crash-prone.

bolooki 02-20-2019 04:52 PM

Switch to melodyne for manual tuning it is farrrrrre beyond infitiny better at handling that task. Autotune’s approach is extremely outdated. I own all the ATs and they’re all terrible in comparison. (For manual tuning specifically)

These days if I manual tune w AT it’s only via audio suite to fix a small line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WorldStudios 02-21-2019 07:21 AM

What he said. ^

WernerF 02-21-2019 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bolooki (Post 2517289)
Switch to melodyne for manual tuning it is farrrrrre beyond infitiny better at handling that task. Autotune’s approach is extremely outdated. I own all the ATs and they’re all terrible in comparison. (For manual tuning specifically)

These days if I manual tune w AT it’s only via audio suite to fix a small line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here!

Swedish 02-23-2019 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedreamstudios (Post 2515469)

Do you have "Dynamic plugin processing" unticked in your Playback Engine settings?
If not, then try unticking that checkbox and see if Autotune works better.

psycho_monkey 03-25-2019 06:43 PM

same issue here. AT Scans then crashes - randomly. It's a total pain. AT has always been buggy, AT Pro seems buggier still.

But at least it sounds better than Melodyne - can't stand the way that smears the top end!