Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2018 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Quick (Simple?) Exporting Question (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=401969)

TheEdster75 11-16-2018 05:53 AM

Quick (Simple?) Exporting Question

Hey All,

So I learned me a new trick last night. How to export my session into WAV files. Doing that so I can have the ability to send WAV files to someone else who might not have the same DAW or same Plug-Ins as I. One thing I noticed, is I had 2 rhythm guitar tracks one panned 100% to the right and 1 panned 100% to the left. When I exported everything out as WAV files and went back and listened to a few of the WAV files, I noticed my two rhythm guitar tracks were balanced. Does Pro Tools center the audio when in exports to WAV files like that?

And I was using Multiple Mono for the Format.. Thanks..

BScout 11-16-2018 11:14 AM

Re: Quick (Simple?) Exporting Question

No.

But it is unclear how you are exporting your session into WAV files. There are multiple ways. You might want to specify which one you are using (which menu option.)

And most importantly, it will depend on your output selected (whether physical output or bus) for the export. Panning and level are applied after the audio track. If you want to make them part of the track, you have to export from a point in the signal chain after the audio track.

The Weed 11-16-2018 04:09 PM

I believe he means "Export Clips as Files" command from the Clip List. All this does is export the raw audio using the name of the Clip. Nothing that is not in the Clip is included. No automation, no real-time effects. If you want that, you have to bounce the audio out.

albee1952 11-16-2018 07:30 PM

Indeed, there are several ways to get wave files out to any other DAW, so its well worth learning about the different options. You found #1, which exports raw audio files with no other info.(hope you remembered to consolidate all back to zero so they all line up when imported to another system):o. Bouncing tracks is another option and works great for creating "stems"(sub-mixes of similar tracks like BGV's or drums if you already have a great mix). The next great option is Track Commit. That can be done at the "end" of a track's processing(plugins, pan and volume automation), or it can be done at any stage within the track(say you have 5 plugins and the first 2 are exactly what you want, you can choose Commit up to This Insert and "render" the first 2 plugins, but skip the rest so the next engineer can not be "stuck" with all of your processing. Each has benefits and drawbacks, according to your needs:o

TheEdster75 11-17-2018 10:19 AM

When I get time I’ll do a quick video of what I did.. thanks for the input guys! [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk