Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S4/S6 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Inserts and plugins GUI odd behaviour (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405187)

PhilKrz 06-12-2019 12:14 AM

Inserts and plugins GUI odd behaviour

Hello everyone, new user here! :)

2 questions/observations regarding S6 inserts/onscreen GUI interaction.

1) Seems like the BACK button in the knob modules (the one between page left & right) has changed it's functionality in 2019.5. It doesn't close plugin's GUIs anymore. It does close them on the surface but in previous version of PT/Eucon it also closed the GUI. And yes, I have the preference "Close Windows When No Longer Editing" ticked.
I can close them by clicking on any different track in Pro Tools or using the Plugin-In Window softkey, but it's one step more...
Am I missing something?

2) Something which was present in 2018.3 and didn't change in 2019.5:
I have one additional knob module declared as Expand Knob 1 and configured to show all inserts on an attentioned channel.
When I open any of these inserts by pressing the knob, the first one opens the insert on the knobs but never shows the GUI. When I close it and then open another insert on the same channel, it works fine (shows both).
Then I change attention to some different channel and the situations recurs.
It doesn't happen on different (not expand) knob modules.
Can any of you replicate this?

Filip

PT 2019.5, EUCON 4.4.1.44, S6 M40 32F
OSX 10.13.6

hixonjames 06-12-2019 06:45 AM

Re: Inserts and plugins GUI odd behaviour

I was literally about to start a thread regarding problem #1. I'm having the same issue.

In my case, though, I'm using auto expand for EQ and DYN. But, the plugin windows don't close when I switch back to Insert or Sends or whatever like they used to.

PhilKrz 06-12-2019 07:29 AM

That's also what I noticed on my system. I suppose all of these problems have something to do with new windowing/attentioning in 2019.5.

However, there are two workarounds I found to close plugins windows when using auto expand:

1) press Input or Bus on the same channel
2) press send/insert/pan on any other channel

Both are cumbersome but work.

EddieJones 06-12-2019 08:44 AM

1. Was changed because of some undesirable interactions. I'll take another look at it now we have released and see if we can add it back or not.

2. Yes, this seems to be a bug, sorry. We have written it up and will try and get fixed in the next release in a couple of months.

hixonjames 06-14-2019 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilKrz (Post 2529291)
That's also what I noticed on my system. I suppose all of these problems have something to do with new windowing/attentioning in 2019.5.

However, there are two workarounds I found to close plugins windows when using auto expand:

1) press Input or Bus on the same channel
2) press send/insert/pan on any other channel

Both are cumbersome but work.

Thanks, Phil! These seem like reasonable workarounds that I can try this weekend.