Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Can't open Pro Tools 8! Requires iLok? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=243265)

DJ Hellfire 04-04-2009 03:53 PM

Can't open Pro Tools 8! Requires iLok?

I just bought Pro Tools 8 today and I have successfully installed it. But I am now getting a window asking me to authorize Broadband Noise Reduction, but I can't because I have no iLok. When I hit quit, the program just crashes or freezes when it tries to load DB-33 plug. I have all more serials from Digi. I am on Vista Hom Premium and 7.4 worked perfectly. And yes I uninstalled 7 first. Do I gotta go out and buy a god damned iLok and pay for an auth?

I moved the DB-33 plug files out of the common files folder and now I get the same error when it loads Dynamic III. So I moved that too and trying it now!

The error is a Runtime Error saying the app requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. WTF? Now it's doing it on Flanger. At this rate, I won't have any plugs by the time this thing loads!

JMS40 04-04-2009 04:08 PM

Re: Can't open Pro Tools 8! Requires iLok?

Pro Tools installer's include many plugin's that require a further purchase... depending on your package and whether you have purchased plugs individually.

Bottom line is you've likely installed plugs you don't yet own.

Have a look at This Page to get an overview and removal instructions.

DJ Hellfire 04-04-2009 04:16 PM

Thanks! Gonna try that, among some other things I found. One being that it may be my USB drive being plugged it. Right now I am gonna install the CS2 first, before I try again!

DJ Hellfire 04-04-2009 04:30 PM

Well, it wasn't the USB drive. I tried to install CS2, but it's telling me a valid copy of Pro Tools can't be found. I guess it's cause I haven't gotten to input my serial yet! This blows! Time to reinstall!

JMS40 04-04-2009 04:34 PM

Lots of folks here to help you troubleshoot, but more information would be needed.

Help us help you - what you need to know before posting!

General Troubleshooting - Pro Tools LE on Windows (XP & Vista)

DJ Hellfire 04-04-2009 04:42 PM

Yeah, I read that stuff. But I assumed that since Pro Tools 7 worked fine, and my system hasn't changed, that it can't be a compatibility issue. So I didn't bother to post all that info!

Anyway:
Dell Inspiron 1420
2.0 Core 2 Duo T5750
3GB RAM
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP1

JMS40 04-04-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Hellfire (Post 1378602)
Yeah, I read that stuff. But I assumed that since Pro Tools 7 worked fine, and my system hasn't changed, that it can't be a compatibility issue. So I didn't bother to post all that info!

Version 8 is not version 7. Don't expect them to behave the same.

I know you say you've read it all, but knowing what suggestions and optimizations you have actually tried, and posting a Sandra report would be helpful.

DJ Hellfire 04-04-2009 05:31 PM

True! I will try to post the report to night. But I have found it's a plugin issue. I removed ALL the plugs from the plugs folder and it fired right up. So I am gonna start taking them out 1 at a time until I find out which ones are causing it! And I realized I got the Pro Tools HD CS, even though I clicked the LE link!

DJ Hellfire 04-04-2009 06:55 PM

Well, no need to post the report...for now! I removed all the plugins and added them back in a little a time and now it works, even with all of them put back in. It's wierd, and frustrating. But it seems ok for now! Too bad this cost me 4 hours!