Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   A Setting? Ram? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=413716)

Bfearr 01-19-2021 10:50 PM

A Setting? Ram?

I've released music in the last 18 months. Some of the track counts went as high as 80 with compression and eq on every track and more on others. Here lately, without having made any changes in ny system, and using as little as 12 tracks, I'm getting that error message that tells you that you can get started again if you get rid of some plug-ins. Granted, it's only 8 gb of Ram and a Pentium i-5, it did the job with my record and its high track counts with lots of plug-ins. Is there a setting I could have touched that would cause the issue? Any ideas?

JFreak 01-19-2021 11:18 PM

Re: A Setting? Ram?

Take a look at the Help Us Help You document linked to the forum header, please.

Ben Jenssen 01-20-2021 02:13 AM

Yes, you need to provide system details.
But I have some thoughts; I've seen some errors in very light sessions, while being able to run much heavier sessions fine. I got -9173 errors. I suspect Waves LinMB was what caused it in my case.
I think some plugins can cause these things.

Can you see any plugins exclusive to the problem session, and maybe test if the problem goes away if you remove them?

Maximize the HW buffer size, and turn off "Optimize performance at low buffer sizes."

Southsidemusic 01-21-2021 07:23 AM

i5 with 8GB ram ... :cool:

Ben Jenssen 01-21-2021 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2590891)
i5 with 8GB ram ... :cool:

Grow up, Christopher!
People have different needs, and PT can run on small processors and little ram if you treat it well.

crizdee 01-21-2021 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bfearr (Post 2590788)
I've released music in the last 18 months. Some of the track counts went as high as 80 with compression and eq on every track and more on others. Here lately, without having made any changes in ny system, and using as little as 12 tracks, I'm getting that error message that tells you that you can get started again if you get rid of some plug-ins. Granted, it's only 8 gb of Ram and a Pentium i-5, it did the job with my record and its high track counts with lots of plug-ins. Is there a setting I could have touched that would cause the issue? Any ideas?

Hi,

Have you added any new plugins into your arsenal? some of the newer plugs can be very heavy on CPU

Are you mixing heavy cpu plugins on the same track? this can cause CPU overloads and error messages!

Do your previous 80 track mix sessions still open and run ok? and are you using the same playback settings?

Have you changed anything else since running bigger sessions?

Chris

Southsidemusic 01-21-2021 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen (Post 2590895)
Grow up, Christopher!
People have different needs, and PT can run on small processors and little ram if you treat it well.

What do you mean ”Grow Up” ?? i didn’t make the minimum requirements page so dont call people crap for no reason Thank You very Much

And the comment PT can run on small CPU and RAM ... well obviously it can’t since there are hundreds of posts stating the contrary!

arche3 01-22-2021 12:07 PM

Need new computers. You are lucky it runs at all. Protools is a bloated mess of software imo. Only solution is more power and ram.

Other option is use logic pro on an apple m1 laptop. 1100 bucks and it will be stable and fast.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

JFreak 01-22-2021 12:48 PM

PT runs just fine on my ancient 2013 trashcan, but maybe it is because my interface is Apogee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk