Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Waves Studiorack (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=356823)

Righty27 07-23-2014 01:36 PM

Re: Waves Studiorack

Quote:

Originally Posted by propower (Post 2173318)
HEY - this is my 999th post - Wooo Hooo....

Haha ... I noticed that! No pressure for #1,000 - don't worry; no one's paying any attention :)

Kristo Kotkas 07-23-2014 01:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SOUNDDECISION (Post 2173312)
What I don't understand is in one of their marketing emails they make a comparison of how their plugins run on the DigiGrid system Vs HDX but what I don't get is how they made that comparison if there were no HDX DSP versions created....?

That caught my attention too.. I mean how legal is this type of promo that is basically a lie, since there are no HDX plugins available for this comparison?

Drew Mazurek 07-23-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristo Kotkas (Post 2173328)
That caught my attention too.. I mean how legal is this type of promo that is basically a lie, since there are no HDX plugins available for this comparison?

I wouldn't be surprised if Waves has AAX DSP versions running in house.

Kristo Kotkas 07-23-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek (Post 2173333)
I wouldn't be surprised if Waves has AAX DSP versions running in house.

I'm sure they are but does that make this a legit comparison? They also seem to not to understand, that people would take 100 units of their plugins on HDX card instead of their server that could run million instances... anyday of the week.

YYR123 07-23-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Righty27 (Post 2173313)
I think it does 'the rack thing' like VMR promises to do. Not sure I'm even keen on this as it sounds like there are a number of disadvantages to offset any benefits.

It would still be really nice to have preset racks saved....even if it's a default.....

SSL channel strips......Neve Channel strips....all with one insert. It would be nice.

Especially since we haven't (and probably won't) see Avid integrate the Preset Track Hack into the full release.

EDIT - It looks like i am wrong again......It appears that Native licenses are also allowed to use the studiorack, go figure

Drew Mazurek 07-23-2014 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristo Kotkas (Post 2173334)
I'm sure they are but does that make this a legit comparison? They also seem to not to understand, that people would take 100 units of their plugins on HDX card instead of their server that could run million instances... anyday of the week.

Well, they can advertise anything that's true I suppose.

The market will ultimately decide.

Emcha_audio 07-23-2014 02:32 PM

Just let's make this clear, the stats that they are using to compare the soundgrid and HDX are biased. They did not take one single minute of time to actually do the switch properly. They pretty much admitted themselves that they didn't do any optimization of the plugin they tested in "it would take way too much time to do the conversion and optimization" So their chart is a blatant lie, because they are using plugins that were optimized on their system but not optimized and properly configured on the HDX to do the comparison. That's proper false publicity there.

Drew Mazurek 07-23-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emcha_audio (Post 2173343)
Just let's make this clear, the stats that they are using to compare the soundgrid and HDX are biased. They did not take one single minute of time to actually do the switch properly. They pretty much admitted themselves that they didn't do any optimization of the plugin they tested in "it would take way too much time to do the conversion and optimization" So their chart is a blatant lie, because they are using plugins that were optimized on their system but not optimized and properly configured on the HDX to do the comparison. That's proper false publicity there.

Being a sh*tty company isn't illegal is it? :D

Seriously, let's just let the market tell them what's up. I'm "off Waves" and I gather many others are or will be soon.

propower 07-23-2014 03:11 PM

I installed the free studio rack app and updated all my waves PIs to todays installer. Regardless with HD Native (either telling Waves pop up during load to use Soundgrid HD Native or not) - I get nothing - no rack - no plugin - just my usual Waves Native stuff - SO - regardless - I don;t get it and have no idea how to even check it out :-) - Whatever... POST #1000 - yet another milestone....

Stephen Bond 07-23-2014 03:50 PM

+1

Updated and running 9.3 plugins via the V9r19 installer.

Can't see the StudioRack plugin?

Am I missing something here?

Stephen