Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   7.3.1.WTF? Is there any hope? Does the 7.4 Upgrade Fix This? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=224106)

WhatGives? 06-27-2008 04:12 AM

7.3.1.WTF? Is there any hope? Does the 7.4 Upgrade Fix This?

Jesus Guys, I understand you want us to upgrade to 7.4 BUT..... WTF? I have been waiting for the fix for several months that will make possible to loop a section of a mix and actually have the automation playback the changes that you are making without re-doing the loop after EVERY automation change.
Am I missing something? F**K! I know you are aware of this because there has been several posts about this on the DUC. Last I heard, Pro-tools is also a mixing platform, right? News Flash....
Mixers Loop sections of a song ALL DAY LONG! For The Love......
Is this issue fixed in 7.4?
Someone please.... Talk to me...
What does it take? Jon Gass

PS. At 48k Amp farm rarely loads... At 44.1 it works OK. What Gives?......

PSS. I am going to assume that you do not know that I have worked in the music business before,
I have mixed a record or two.

www.myspace.com/jongasscom

DigiTechSupt 06-27-2008 08:20 AM

Re: 7.3.1.WTF? Is there any hope? Does the 7.4 Upgrade Fix This?

This is fixed in 7.4 and, if I'm not mistaken, in the cs6 update to 7.3.1, which can be found here.

Quote:

PS. At 48k Amp farm rarely loads... At 44.1 it works OK. What Gives?......

Which version of Amp Farm are you using?

Andre Knecht 06-27-2008 05:37 PM

Re: 7.3.1.WTF? Is there any hope? Does the 7.4 Upgrade Fix T

Color me puzzled, Jon.

Surely, a man in your position is commanding at least a regiment of flunkies — all of whom let you down. Time to get some seasoned professional help, me thinks.

Also... color me impressed, Jon.

With only your sixth post you simultaneously score a (clearly overdue) “HLU” badge and earn the “Silver*-BigFoot-In-Mouth” award. (I love those statuettes, although you gotta feel for the poor bastard who had to pose for the sculptor — a real loser, no doubt.)

* Now... I know what you’re thinking (and I agree) — those should come in platinum.

Shawn Simpson 06-27-2008 05:58 PM

I never got my HLU badge, what's up with that? I'm pretty sure my "Bigfoot" loser statuette never arrived either though I have clearly earned it. Now THAT is a problem. Then again, if it's not platinum I won't even display it. How d'ya like that?

On the flipside, I'm really glad to see somebody else has been enjoying the expert stylings of the Expert Village studio guru.

Welcome to the boards, Mr. Gass. I'd be surprised if there's anybody on here who isn't familiar with your work, so rest assured that if you need some help from the minions of the DUC, it will be given enthusiastically. On another note, I assisted a person with a similarly eery name to yours' about 10 years ago and we probably got a call a week from people looking for you. Can you guess who I was working for?

BaileyBass 06-27-2008 06:33 PM

Re: 7.3.1.WTF? Is there any hope? Does the 7.4 Upgrade Fix This?

Quote:

Am I missing something?

evidently.... a few things.

Quote:

Someone please.... Talk to me...
What does it take?

Downloading, installing, ... that sort of mundane stuff that any decent "regiment of flunkies" would do. Even HLU's have been known to give it a go.

Quote:

PSS. I am going to assume that you do not know that I have worked in the music business before,
I have mixed a record or two.

www.myspace.com/jongasscom

A definite violation of HLU protocol. A self deprecating/humble/understatement "bait" ..... followed by a myspace link, "hook"... Bad form.

But, what is truly interesting about this thread so far are the 2 certified HLU's stats!!!!!!! Shawn has only 8 days on Andre, and leads by 17 posts!!!!!!! To heck with Wmbledon, this is the match to watch! Two certified HLU's, one without his badge, duking it out.... or... D.U.C.ing it out. SB..... oh.. and the potty mouth thing....?

WhatGives? 06-28-2008 03:21 AM

Thank You Digi for such a quick response. Wow!. I upgraded to cs6 on February 7th. I am still having these looping problems. It makes me a little crazy. OK... A LOT Crazy! I am sorry for the bad attitude, Not like me! I am mixing 10+ hours a day on this project and this is something that is killing me. The TOP GUY in L.A. is my friend, No names, has set up my system and keeps me up to date. I would love to update to 7.4 but, I am in the middle of several projects right now and I am not sure if all of my sessions will open correctly. Will all my plug-ins work OK? I can not have down time right now or have my 7.3 projects not opening right. Thanks, Jon G.
PS. My amp farm is 3.10. Like I said, it seems ok on 44.1k sessions, but not on 48k sessions
Again, Thank You for your quick response...

WhatGives? 06-28-2008 03:33 AM

Andre, Blow Me! I remember my first session. What the hell's wrong with you? What Multi-Platinum Projects were you working on then? Jon G.

WhatGives? 06-28-2008 04:02 AM

Um WOW.. Check your Meds bro. Let me guess, while you were sucking your Mom's tit, I was Engineering and Mixing Mega Platinum Records. When you are shopping in Von's today or any other store in Los Angeles, you will hear songs that I recorded and mixed in the late 80's. Mmm.. They sound pretty good to me. BUT.. YOU MUST KNOW MUCH MORE THAN ME ABOUT RECORDING AND MIXING. $&*^$ Head
PS. Yeah, I only got 6 posts. Why? I don't sit around waiting to f..k with people that actually work in the music business. Is there some sort of personnel problem between us?
I am way to mellow for this Bull, Jon G.

crizdee 06-28-2008 04:07 AM

Quote:

I would love to update to 7.4 but, I am in the middle of several projects right now and I am not sure if all of my sessions will open correctly. Will all my plug-ins work OK? I can not have down time right now or have my 7.3 projects no opening right. Thanks, Jon G.

Hi Jon,

You could use "carbon copy cloner" to create a bootable copy/back-up of your system drive. all you need is a partition on a second or external hard drive that is the same size or larger. Then you can upgrade to 7.4 on the back-up system. If you have any problems with the 7.4 upgrade you can simply revert back to your system with 7.3.

I always keep a cloned copy of my system drive! then if any problems did occur i can be back up and running in minutes.

From 7.3 to 7.4 gave me no problems and all plugins worked fine and i have many third party plugs etc. just the "golden rule" all plugins must be the latest versions! any old/out of date plugs can cause problems, even if not in the session.

carbon copy cloner...

http://www.bombich.com/software/ccc.html

Chris

WhatGives? 06-28-2008 04:13 AM

Thank you Chris. Thanks for being there. Jon G