Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2018 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Cloud Collab bug with plugin automation (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=387109)

clausiii 12-10-2016 11:25 AM

Cloud Collab bug with plugin automation

This canīt be normal! when PT reads plugin automation during playback it changes the "upload changes" arrow into green (e.g. something has changed). But it was only an automation read, not an auto-write.
It does not happen with track automation (vol, pan etc) only if you auto-enable a parameter of a plugin. Tried it with Air VIs Air plugins and Avid EQ7.

This is not the correct behaviour isnīt is? Makes no sense!

http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/257559-3779

clausiii 12-11-2016 01:51 PM

Re: Cloud Collab bug with plugin automation

can someone chime in please and/or confirm this bug?
Itīs quite urgent because this bug results in CC conflicts when collaborators work at the same time (both "update" the track with only playing back the track).

Thanks

clausiii 12-14-2016 10:19 AM

Does really nobody use CC? Or even care about? Avid?

clausiii 12-18-2016 06:20 AM

Hi!

Can someone confirm that plugin automation read-outs lead to a "CC change" so that the upload arrow of the given SHARED track goes green?

1. create a track
2. insert any plugin
3. make an automation of any parameter of the plugin
4. upload/share the track
5. play the automation

now the green arrow which shows changes to upload is green, but it shouldn't!

Darryl Ramm 12-18-2016 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clausiii (Post 2401187)
Does really nobody use CC? Or even care about? Avid?

Yes many indications on DUC are that few people use or care about Cloud Collaboration. You are at the bleeding edge here... and it looks like you blood that is flowing.

I would hope that Avid Customer support is super-responsive to folks in your situation willing to play with these new features. Did you try contacting them? Maybe Jeffro or others here can escalate a support case. Yes I know phone support from Austria must be a total pain, but you could open an email support case. I pinged a DUC moderator to see if they can get you help from support.

Southsidemusic 12-18-2016 12:33 PM

Hey guys

I have escalated this thread to Avid support and will await a response from them. I don't know anyone who uses CC so I can't help you there unfortunately but Avid themselves should most definitely be able to help :o

TOM@METRO 12-18-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2401933)
Hey guys

I have escalated this thread to Avid support and will await a response from them. I don't know anyone who uses CC so I can't help you there unfortunately but Avid themselves should most definitely be able to help :o

Thanks Christoper, I was about to do the same. I, like you, don't use CC. So I can't be much help here either.

clausiii 12-18-2016 02:52 PM

Thanks guys! really appreciate it!

clausiii 12-18-2016 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOM@METRO (Post 2401941)
Thanks Christoper, I was about to do the same. I, like you, don't use CC. So I can't be much help here either.

well, everyone with 12.5+ can create a CC Project in PT and click the "share" button (as described) and see what the upload arrow does. you donīt even need another collaborator.

Southsidemusic 12-18-2016 09:27 PM

Thats true but I know Tom is on 12.4 HD as are we here.

I have a rMBP with 12.6.1 but I have had a few weird midi errors and we are finishing up this year with a few productions still so I am too afraid to mess something up when 12.4 kixx azz :-)