Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   PT11 Crossgrade from PT LE (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=362538)

adam79 12-30-2014 04:35 PM

PT11 Crossgrade from PT LE

I have PT 8 LE w/ MBox 2; I want to crossgrade to PT 11. It says in the Avid store that the $199 price ends 12/31/14. Does this means it ends at midnight on the 12/30 or at 11:59pm on 12/31? I've been trying to call/email Avid, but haven't gotten a callback or response. Also, do you need your iLok (w/ licenses) onhand to complete the Crossgrade purchase? The promo deadline is quickly approaching and I really need an answer.

Thanks so much,
Adam

ShekySheky 12-30-2014 04:44 PM

Re: PT11 Crossgrade from PT LE

Hey Adam,

I would think through 12/31/2014, but no reason to take a chance! :-)...

I just called Tyler Berggren at Sweetwater and he took care of it in 5 minutes... You do have to have the iLok 2 to activate it... I have links to download and activate basically whenever i want to... I won't until I have all my Macs ready...
Hope that helps!

Matt

1racerx 12-30-2014 04:54 PM

No ilok needed for the purchase, I think you just have to be signed in to your avid acct. You get the license info on emails and the order conformation. You'll need to do all that before you install. As far as when the promo ends don't know. $200 bucks is better than $600 lol.. If you want the software.

*Use "explorer" browser to do your downloading. You may have issues with firefox or chrome.

VRW 12-31-2014 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1racerx (Post 2216896)
No ilok needed for the purchase

+1

You need the serial no. of your MBox 2 and your iLok ID from an existing, working iLok account.

You need to have an iLok account and a valid iLok ID for this particular account before you go to
register your upgrade on the Avid site because Avid will automatically and directly send your new license
to this iLok account/iLok ID.

If thereīs no iLok ID you canīt get your new license, if the iLok ID is wrong/not working or still not linked
to a working iLok account your new license will be send nowhere, get lost in space and you will lose the
license as well as all your invested money. You wonīt get any replacement in such a case by Avid!

So, important, first open an iLok account and get a valid iLok ID by doing so (itīs all free!), then get the
Serial no. of your hardware, then go to buy and register your Pro Tools upgrade.

However you donīt need to have the iLok 2 hardware itself for the whole procedure. As soon as
your license will have been sent to your iLok ID/account you will have all the time in the world as it will be safe then.

Then you can go to get yourself an iLok 2, connect it to the computer, open the iLok software which will connect
your iLok with your iLok account and transfer your new license from your iLok account onto your iLok 2 hardware.

VRW 12-31-2014 02:01 AM

P.S. if you canīt get it done via the Avid store just contact Sweetwater per phone as they
will probably be able to check it for you instantly like ShekySheky already has mentioned.
The price of the upgrade will be same like in the Avid store.

http://www.sweetwater.com/feature/protools11/

Because thereīs no hardware (no disc etc.), only codes and downloads everyone can use
this option easily, even from abroad (if necessary).

adam79 12-31-2014 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VRW (Post 2217009)
P.S. if you canīt get it done via the Avid store just contact Sweetwater per phone as they
will probably be able to check it for you instantly like ShekySheky already has mentioned.
The price of the upgrade will be same like in the Avid store.

http://www.sweetwater.com/feature/protools11/

Because thereīs no hardware (no disc etc.), only codes and downloads everyone can use
this option easily, even from abroad (if necessary).

Hopefully the sale extends thru today cuz I was too busy last night to make the purchase. I have an iLok and iLok internet account, but my physical iLok isn't w/ me; I'm not sure that I'll have time to grab it today. Will I be able to make the PT11 crossgrade w/o physically having the iLok? I do have my MBox 2 on hand.

Thanks,
Adam

VRW 12-31-2014 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam79 (Post 2217029)
I have an iLok and iLok internet account, but my physical iLok isn't w/ me; I'm not sure that I'll have time to grab it today. Will I be able to make the PT11 crossgrade w/o physically having the iLok? I do have my MBox 2 on hand.

You can forget the physical iLok, you donīt need it now (will need it later then)!
All you need is your (valid) iLok ID, a (valid) iLok account and the serial number
of your MBox 2.
The serial number of the MBox 2 you find either on a registration card or on a
sticker on your actual MBox.

This is how Avid describes it where to find the serial no:
"It has come to our attention that some new Mbox 2 owners may have received
an online registration card for their Mbox 2 that did not include the barcode
sticker containing the MBox 2 hardware serial number.
If your online registration card for your MBox2 does not include this barcode sticker,
please look for the sticker with serial number on the box your Mbox 2 was packaged in.
Or you can find the Mbox 2 hardware serial number on the back or bottom of the Mbox
2 hardware.
The Mbox 2 serial number will begin with the two letter prefix "AP". Please use that
Mbox 2 hardware serial number to complete your online registration."

You can grab an iLok 2 later, log into your iLok account and transfer your PT11 license
to the physical iLok 2.
At the moment itīs only important to buy the upgrade and to register and activate the
new PT license as soon as possible.
For this you donīt need a physical iLok and no Pro Tools installation, only a working
internet connection, your iLok ID (from your iLok account) and the serial no. of your MBox 2.

The best of success to you,

VRW

adam79 12-31-2014 06:57 AM

The iLok account I use for PT 8 and my MBox 2 is still active, I just logged in to make sure it was still working. So when I order the crossgrade I'll have the license sent to this account and then when I buy the iLok 2 I just have to transfer the PT11 license along w/ any of the plugins on my current iLok acount that I want to use w/ PT11?

Will there be a transfer free to send the PT11 license to the iLok 2? As well as all the plugins I have on my original ilok (that I want to transfer)? Seems like that will be pretty expensive.

VRW 12-31-2014 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam79 (Post 2217045)
The iLok account I use for PT 8 and my MBox 2 is still active, I just logged in to make sure it was still working. So when I order the crossgrade I'll have the license sent to this account and then when I buy the iLok 2 I just have to transfer the PT11 license along w/ any of the plugins on my current iLok acount that I want to use w/ PT11?

Exactly. But donīt forget to make sure thereīs a usable AAX 64bit version of all those plugins/VIs
you would want to use with PT11 before installing it on your system.
You should not install old versions of the plugins on the new system, this may mess up your new PT11.

However you can house all licenses on your iLok 2 if you would want.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam79 (Post 2217045)
Will there be a transfer free to send the PT11 license to the iLok 2? As well as all the plugins I have on my original ilok (that I want to transfer)? Seems like that will be pretty expensive.

No, itīs free as long as it will be done within your own account. You only will have to pay some money
if you will want to transfer licenses to/from another userīs account.

Both types of iLoks (iLoks 1 and iLoks 2) will appear on the left side in the iLok software application
(iLok Licenses Manager) and you will be able to exchange licenses easily as well as get licenses from
the iLok account on both of them.

Just get the latest version of iLok License Manager.
https://www.ilok.com/#!home

adam79 12-31-2014 06:24 PM

I just bought the crossgrade in the Avid store. I haven't downloaded the product yet.. I'm waiting until i get the computer and interface. Do I get prompted for my MBox 2 serial # after I download and open the link? I assume I also need the iLok2 plugged in and ready to go before I download, right?

Thanks,
-Adam