Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   RTAS & TDM Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   AudioSuite vocal tuning plugin? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=402828)

Kristo Kotkas 01-09-2019 06:01 AM

AudioSuite vocal tuning plugin?

Hi,

I typically use Melodyne for my vocal tuning and it works just fine, but I need something I can use quickly on a small bits on something like a live recording and I am wondering if and what A/S tuning plugin would work with Pro Tools 10 HD as A/S? I'm on OSX.

I do have Waves Tune but it clicks & crackles and I cannot make it work clean no matter what. Would Autotune work? Anything else?

Thanks guys!

jeam25 01-09-2019 06:22 AM

Re: AudioSuite vocal tuning plugin?

Hi kristo

I used autotune pro and autotune EFX 3 when i need something fast and subtle . And they work good . If i need something more polished then i use melodyne .

albee1952 01-09-2019 07:43 AM

Autotune Live could do that. Having said that, When I have small clips to fix, I will usually add a "tuning" track above the track I am working on. When I find a clip that needs tuning, I copy>paste to the "tuning" track, make the fixes, and then record it back to the source track(the "tuning" track is routed via a bus to the source track, and source track is set to INPUT monitor for auditioning)

Southsidemusic 01-09-2019 07:54 AM

I have an extra copy of Autotune EFX2 we ran in PT10HD as it is aax32

It is a fast work plugin with not many features but works great.

Let me know if you want it for the cost of Ilok fee which is like €25 :-)

Kristo Kotkas 01-09-2019 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2512107)
Autotune Live could do that. Having said that, When I have small clips to fix, I will usually add a "tuning" track above the track I am working on. When I find a clip that needs tuning, I copy>paste to the "tuning" track, make the fixes, and then record it back to the source track(the "tuning" track is routed via a bus to the source track, and source track is set to INPUT monitor for auditioning)

This is how I work, I copy the bits I want to edit to another track same as you, then I A/S edit it there and copy back to the original tracks leaving the edited bit visible on the copy track so I have a visual feedback where I have been editing, the problem is I can't find a plugin that would do it, Waves Tune sounds "OK" but I cannot figure out why it gives me clicks, I have tried using it at different H/W buffer sizes but the problem remains.

I just downloaded and installed Autotune7 TDM/RTAS and oh, I don't think this sounds good at all :-/ Additionally, it keeps giving me an "audio extended beyond buffer size" error even though I have given it 1000 seconds for a 4 second job :-/

I guess I should have Melodyne up on the "tuning" track that I then record back to the original or third track... damn, how something that should be easy is actually that much of a pain :D

Kristo Kotkas 01-09-2019 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2512110)
I have an extra copy of Autotune EFX2 we ran in PT10HD as it is aax32

It is a fast work plugin with not many features but works great.

Let me know if you want it for the cost of Ilok fee which is like €25 :-)

Hi, this would be perfect if I could live with the results I'm hearing from Autotune... Melodyne has spoiled me I guess :D

albee1952 01-14-2019 04:57 PM

Are the clicks that Waves Tune causes throughout the clip, or just at the ends? If only at the ends, try to select with the clip ends in blank areas so you can cross-fade:o

You could also create a Track Preset with Melodyne and bus routing all done to make the job easier when you need it:rolleyes:

TOM@METRO 01-14-2019 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2512628)

You could also create a Track Preset with Melodyne and bus routing all done to make the job easier when you need it:rolleyes:

This is what I do since becoming Waves free.