Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Eiosis Eq (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=406813)

dez811 10-18-2019 05:01 PM

Eiosis Eq

Does anyone have an issue with this plugin crashing pro tools on quit? It happens to me all of the time there is no update not since last year. Does anyone know of an eg that sounds like it? I tried a bunch but none get me the sound I’m looking for as fast as I get with eiosis. Tried fabfilter but I prefer it for making corrections

WorldStudios 10-19-2019 12:29 AM

Re: Eiosis Eq

I use eiosis eq a lot. It is literally my go to eq because it sounds better than the rest. :) I get crashes on quit every time. I guessed it must have been due to some plugin I use a lot because I also sometimes do NOT get a crash on quit for very small and simple sessions. I will check this immediately. Thanks for finding this and let’s hope that they can fix it soon. Like you say, it has been like this for about a Year. Perhaps the version just before the current one works better??

clivvy 10-19-2019 12:39 AM

love that eq always in my master bus chain if possible try to add it in a template if you can chances it will be more stable than a regular pop up plugin i started to have the same problem when i moved to protools 10 or 11!

WorldStudios 10-19-2019 06:09 AM

I tried to get PT to crash on quit by adding one Eiosis EQ to an otherwise plug-in free session. It did not. So I tried 10 of them. It did not crash either. So there is more to this than meets the eye. Perhaps it is Air EQ plus some other plugin we use all the time that makes it crash? I religiously submit the crash logs to Avid. Like 2 per day perhaps. For a year... So they should be able to figure it out... Or rather Eiosis should... But things move at a slower speed in the Slate Universe. Its like when you go to Pluto on an expedition and when you come back 30 years later, only two weeks have passed at Slate Media. :D

dez811 10-19-2019 07:33 AM

thanks for the reply I tried everything adding just the eiosis eq by itself gives me the same crash. I put in a ticket with eiosis 2 days ago no reply. I guess I can deal with the crashes but sometimes it will crash and I may have been messing around with a session and not want to save but protools saves anyway weird.

Southsidemusic 10-19-2019 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clivvy (Post 2541836)
love that eq always in my master bus chain if possible try to add it in a template if you can chances it will be more stable than a regular pop up plugin i started to have the same problem when i moved to protools 10 or 11!

Do you hate using punctuations and commas? ;)

Gets hard to read and for longer posts people might skip reading as everything floats together.

clivvy 10-19-2019 09:39 AM

why are you being such a punctuations and commas nazi Lol just trying to help out a fellow musician!

JFreak 10-19-2019 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clivvy (Post 2541885)
why are you being such a punctuations and commas nazi Lol just trying to help out a fellow musician!

because it is distracting and sometimes changes the meaning of what you say not to mention it makes the reader get out of breath because you expect the sentence to end but it never ends and your brain is thinking this guy is nuts because he is saying so much without breathing it also makes you look like a teenager even if you dont use lol everywhere did i also mention it is hard to read have you ever noticed

climber 10-19-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2541887)
because it is distracting and sometimes changes the meaning of what you say not to mention it makes the reader get out of breath because you expect the sentence to end but it never ends and your brain is thinking this guy is nuts because he is saying so much without breathing it also makes you look like a teenager even if you dont use lol everywhere did i also mention it is hard to read have you ever noticed

100% agree :D EU

albee1952 10-19-2019 01:20 PM

The thing that makes the DUC work is good communication. Bad punctuation can be as tough as bad translation. :o

dez811 10-19-2019 04:58 PM

I don't care about punctuation or stuff like that:D, but any help would be appreciated I need my eq lol

dez811 11-14-2019 08:36 PM

well Eiosis got back to me and this was their answer:
Upon strenuous investigation, I've discovered that your computer processor isn't fully supported by Pro Tools 2018-2019. There are specific models that are supported that you can see in this link. We have not seen this specific issue before as it would seem that your crashing is due to your hardware and software having compatibility issues. This would explain why it works in other DAWs.

the computer that is not fully supported is a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015). 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

but I also have a 6 core mac mini with 64gb ram that is fully supported doing the same thing. but all of my other plugins work fine and when i remove the eiosis eq from my plugin folder it stops crashing on quit

dez811 06-04-2020 12:31 PM

Eiosis Eq is now no longer crashing pro tools on quit I had resorted to using bluecat with a vst version, but after installing the latest version it works now.
im on ProTools 2019.12

TOM@METRO 06-04-2020 03:24 PM

I love this thread... First time I've laughed all day. :D

dez811 06-04-2020 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOM@METRO (Post 2568373)
I love this thread... First time I've laughed all day. :D

yea we don't need any "punctuations and commas nazis"

HurtMesaMusic 06-04-2020 10:38 PM

Anyone here leaning towards a they’re, there, their Nazi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro