Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   192 I/O AD Exp Card Not Showing Up in PT (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=356844)

Aten 07-23-2014 07:40 PM

192 I/O AD Exp Card Not Showing Up in PT

This new card is not showing up in my sessions. I click on Analog Output and only Outputs 1-2, 3-4, 5-6 & 7-8 show up. No further outs are displayed.

Once I install this card, am I required to tell Pro Tools that I have installed it?

I recently purchased this new card.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks so much.

nst7 07-23-2014 08:01 PM

Re: 192 I/O AD Exp Card Not Showing Up in PT

Did you try clicking "default" in the I/O tabs (all of them, including busses)?

Aten 07-25-2014 05:47 AM

Hi NST7

Thanks for that. Im not sure I understand you. Where is the "default" option? I can click no input or 1-2, 3-4 etc only?

Strangely, I just opened Sony SOund Forge and it recognises all my 16 outs which must mean my 2 D/A cards are working. What a relief.

Any other suggestions? Are they usually meant to show up in PT instantly after you install them into the 192 I/O?

nst7 07-25-2014 08:27 AM

In the upper left hand of the screen, under the various menus, there is "Setup". Click that, then "I/O". It will bring up various tabs - Input, Output, Busses, Inserts, Preamp (ignore that one, it's only for the Avid/Digi Pre).

In each tab, there is a button that says "Default". Clicking that should match the various inputs, outputs, busses, tabs, to the hardware that is connected. Just be sure to click the Default button in each tab separately (all 4 of them). In the top section of those tabs, it should hopefully show the 192 with all available I/O.

albee1952 07-25-2014 10:59 AM

Specifically, inside Pro Tools, go to Setup>IO. There, you will see tabs for Inputs, Outputs, Buses, etc. Its well worth spending some time learning these tabs as it allows you to assign IO as you wish, as well as name the IO according to purpose. For instance, I have outputs labeled: Main Out, Phones Booth, Phones Bass, Phones Drums etc.

I also name my inputs according to which preamp feeds them. On the Buses tab, you can also add more buses(up to a total of 256 IIRC) and name those as well(like DrumVerb, VocDelay, DrumComp, etc):D

Aten 07-27-2014 12:58 AM

Thank you especially NST7. I went into Setup and clicked "Default" on the "outs" Tab and the other tabs too. And it worked! I have never needed to go and change anything here so I guess we must after we install new expansion cards.

albee1952 07-28-2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aten (Post 2174144)
Thank you especially NST7. I went into Setup and clicked "Default" on the "outs" Tab and the other tabs too. And it worked! I have never needed to go and change anything here so I guess we must after we install new expansion cards.

Any time there is a change in IO boxes or interface, the IO will likely need some tweaking:D

Barry Johns 07-28-2014 02:41 PM

Also, remember that you can only have a max of 16 in's with a single 192. You probably need to change inputs 9-16 from Digital to Analog at the top of the screen for each pair.