Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Zplane Elastique AAX in 12.8.2HD (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=395561)

Siegfried Meier 12-07-2017 01:08 PM

Zplane Elastique AAX in 12.8.2HD

1 Attachment(s)
Who's using it with the TC/E tool? Considered buying it, and just installed the demo...

Based on what I see here, is it even worth a wooden nickel? Either their code is messed up, or Pro Tools is causing the issue...would love to hear thoughts.

Sig

RaToX 12-07-2017 02:07 PM

Re: Zplane Elastique AAX in 12.8.2HD

IF THE PROBLEM ARE THOSE SILENCE SPACE i wonder if you are not worth a nickel :D

You installed the demo, is it? weren't you expecting demo limitations like inserted silence?

leftalive 12-07-2017 02:57 PM

It's the demo limitation. I had the same problem.

It strikes me as ridiculous to use gaps of silence as a demo limitation in what is essentially an audiosuite plugin, as it ends up being near impossible to judge the quality of the processing.

It'd be one thing if the silence occurred every 15 seconds or so, but I was getting dropouts every couple of seconds (if not less), which is way too often.

First time in a while that a demo limitation made me pass on a plugin. I mean, it's time bombed anyway - what's the damn point of the silence?

Siegfried Meier 12-07-2017 03:30 PM

What's the point of a demo if I can't even stretch a single quarter note of audio to test out how it sounds?

Seriously?

john1192 12-07-2017 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siegfried Meier (Post 2463139)
What's the point of a demo if I can't even stretch a single quarter note of audio to test out how it sounds?

Seriously?

to get you to buy the thing .. are you possibly trying to stretch too much audio .. it looks like a bit more than One Note in your pics but i could be wrong ..

Siegfried Meier 12-07-2017 04:15 PM

Nah, it's literally a quarter note piece...just stretching the end of a cymbal hit to meet the next beat 1...I didn't think this was asking too much haha.

Like leftalive said above, it's already a timed demo, why put this limitation on it so we can't even truly judge how the time comp/exp even sounds? At least let me hear more than 1 second of audio before you put gaps in it sheesh...

Silly, if you ask me.

john1192 12-07-2017 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siegfried Meier (Post 2463146)
Nah, it's literally a quarter note piece...just stretching the end of a cymbal hit to meet the next beat 1...I didn't think this was asking too much haha.

Like leftalive said above, it's already a timed demo, why put this limitation on it so we can't even truly judge how the time comp/exp even sounds? At least let me hear more than 1 second of audio before you put gaps in it sheesh...

Silly, if you ask me.

agreed, silly !!! timed out is one thing .. i guess some peeps are trygint o get work done with demo's ..haha

i prefer fully functional demos .. only way to rewally get to know a plugin or software feature ..

Siegfried Meier 12-07-2017 04:22 PM

My lord people still do that? I'd buy the thing in a second if I knew it actually worked better than the others that exist. For a $650 plugin, they ought to at least have a real demo that we can use...

Siegfried Meier 12-07-2017 06:28 PM

For what it's worth, I demoed this last summer on another rig before it was available as a TC/E tool in PT, and this limitation was not a thing back then. Hence the reason why I thought it might have been a bug...

seanmccoy 12-07-2017 08:51 PM

FWIW, I've used Elastique frequently for raw voiceover editing as it's built into Sound Forge (I have not compared the two for any music editing tasks). Like any timestretching algorithm, sometimes it works really well, other times not. But in general I've found Pro Tools' TC/E to be better overall, particularly with more extreme functions.