Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Artist Series (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Artist Mix bad ethernet port? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=411434)

LandtBand 08-06-2020 09:19 PM

Artist Mix bad ethernet port?

Hello,

I'm new here and have joined because I just picked up an Artist Mix controller from Reverb.com. To keep things brief - I'm in the process of having the serial number transferred to my name with Avid. I have purchased a single incident ASC and i'm in touch with their support team because of some connection issues i'm having.

Basically, the unit is not being recognized on my computer. I've tried it connected directly to the ethernet port on my mac mini and i've also tried connecting via a netgear ethernet switch. I have tried multiple cat5e pass thru and crossover ethernet cables during my troubleshooting.

The biggest thing I'm currently noticing is that not even the ethernet switch seems to recognize it the way it would with any other device because when I attach the artist mix to it - the LED for the corresponding port doesn't illuminate.

This has led me to believe it might simply be a hardwire issue with the Artist mix. Maybe the ethernet is faulty...?

To try and help answer anymore questions for those who read this I will list my system specs below. Currently I have the most recent Eucontrol 20.6.1 installed. I'm running the most current Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6 but i've also troubleshooted on the previous 10.15.5 build of Catalina. I've tried connecting using the DHCP mode and the static IP address mode.

Specs:

2018 Mac Mini
6 core 3ghz i5 processor
64 gigs of RAM

I'd really like to get this working and i'm willing to have the patience for it. I intend to speak more with support over the phone in the morning before I head off to work.

Has anyone else had their ethernet jack on their Artist Mix fail?

Thanks for any help you folks can offer!

Nick Landt

albee1952 08-07-2020 09:03 AM

Re: Artist Mix bad ethernet port?

Which version of Eucon is installed?

LandtBand 08-07-2020 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2574541)
Which version of Eucon is installed?

The most current update. EuCon 20.6.1

Ryan Young 08-07-2020 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LandtBand (Post 2574494)
Hello,

I'm new here and have joined because I just picked up an Artist Mix controller from Reverb.com. To keep things brief - I'm in the process of having the serial number transferred to my name with Avid. I have purchased a single incident ASC and i'm in touch with their support team because of some connection issues i'm having.

Basically, the unit is not being recognized on my computer. I've tried it connected directly to the ethernet port on my mac mini and i've also tried connecting via a netgear ethernet switch. I have tried multiple cat5e pass thru and crossover ethernet cables during my troubleshooting.

The biggest thing I'm currently noticing is that not even the ethernet switch seems to recognize it the way it would with any other device because when I attach the artist mix to it - the LED for the corresponding port doesn't illuminate.

This has led me to believe it might simply be a hardwire issue with the Artist mix. Maybe the ethernet is faulty...?

To try and help answer anymore questions for those who read this I will list my system specs below. Currently I have the most recent Eucontrol 20.6.1 installed. I'm running the most current Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6 but i've also troubleshooted on the previous 10.15.5 build of Catalina. I've tried connecting using the DHCP mode and the static IP address mode.

Specs:

2018 Mac Mini
6 core 3ghz i5 processor
64 gigs of RAM

I'd really like to get this working and i'm willing to have the patience for it. I intend to speak more with support over the phone in the morning before I head off to work.

Has anyone else had their ethernet jack on their Artist Mix fail?

Thanks for any help you folks can offer!

Nick Landt

2 big things

•*Using static IP?
set computer ethernet to 10.0.0.1 and controller to 10.0.0.2, subnet 255.255.255.0

if that's not working, your switch or router might be claiming the 10.0.0.x series. I've recently had this happen.

If that's the case, set computer ethernet to 11.0.0.1 and controller to 11.0.0.2, subnet 255.255.255.0

LandtBand 08-07-2020 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Young (Post 2574611)
2 big things

•*Using static IP?
set computer ethernet to 10.0.0.1 and controller to 10.0.0.2, subnet 255.255.255.0

if that's not working, your switch or router might be claiming the 10.0.0.x series. I've recently had this happen.

If that's the case, set computer ethernet to 11.0.0.1 and controller to 11.0.0.2, subnet 255.255.255.0

Appreciate the tips. Just tried both things you suggested and the problem still persists. After speaking more with Avid support and a few 3rd party repair techs - we’ve chalked it up to a bad ethernet chip/driver set on the circuit board.

I’m returning the item to the previous owner. Going to take a break from diving into the work of control surfaces for now.