Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Windows (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Dual monitors issue (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=313641)

Paintedeyes 12-13-2011 05:12 PM

Dual monitors issue

I installed Pro tools 10 on my windows 7 machine and I have dual monitors. I like to have the edit window in one monitor and mix in the other monitor which was fine in all other pro tools I am unable to do so with pro tools 10. anyone else experiencing this or know of how to fix? It could be something so easy that i'm missing.

matthias.matthias 12-14-2011 12:49 AM

Re: Dual monitors issue

What do you mean by being unable? What is the exact problem?

I had some issues initially because PT would forget window settings with each start. I figured out that when dragging the window to size it, I had to be careful not to make it too big (not bigger than the two monitors). That easily happens when dragging right up into a corner. Now everything works fine.

TOM@METRO 12-14-2011 08:57 AM

I run 3 monitors with PT10 just fine. Don't forget to close using alt+f4 to save your settings. You could also email "Bob Nagy @ aol dot com" and ask for a demo of "Skootch". This software will help with the issue.

airon 12-14-2011 09:09 AM

Skootch works fine with PT10 ?

I'm using v4.1 here, and it's working fine with PT 9.05 .

TOM@METRO 12-14-2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airon (Post 1878142)
Skootch works fine with PT10 ?

I'm using v4.1 here, and it's working fine with PT 9.05 .

Yup. It's fine in 10.

Chris182 02-05-2012 04:49 PM

I'm having the above problem...I'm new to ProTools...but I'm pretty sure I should be able to just drag the Mix window on to my extended desktop monitor?

Strangely enough...the Plug-ins will drag over...but not the Mix window or the Edit window...Apologies if I'm being a noob. But the help would be appreciated!
:-)

Benoni 02-05-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris182 (Post 1898308)
I'm having the above problem...I'm new to ProTools...but I'm pretty sure I should be able to just drag the Mix window on to my extended desktop monitor?

Strangely enough...the Plug-ins will drag over...but not the Mix window or the Edit window...Apologies if I'm being a noob. But the help would be appreciated!
:-)

You need to drag the back (gray) container window across both screen.

albee1952 02-05-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benoni (Post 1898366)
You need to drag the back (gray) container window across both screen.

That's the ticket. To get down to the basics(in case you're still fuzzy on this), start with Pro Tools NOT maximized on one screen. Now drag the edges of the main window to fill both(all) your screens. The drag the MIX and EDIT windows to the screen where you want them and drag the edges to fill the screens. Now close this session(and Pro Tools) with the Alt-F4 command.

imdrecordings 02-05-2012 10:32 PM

You have to wonder why we have to do this on a Windows machine, when Pro Tools in OSx allows you to float windows on multiple screens, without having to pull the main window all the way across all screens. I prefer the way the PT operates in OSx and wish the same window layout would carry over to Win 7. AVID???

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 1898384)
That's the ticket. To get down to the basics(in case you're still fuzzy on this), start with Pro Tools NOT maximized on one screen. Now drag the edges of the main window to fill both(all) your screens. The drag the MIX and EDIT windows to the screen where you want them and drag the edges to fill the screens. Now close this session(and Pro Tools) with the Alt-F4 command.

sw rec 02-06-2012 05:13 AM

You only have to set it up once, though, then as they said, close with alt-f4. My windows AlWAYS open exactly where I left them.