Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 2019 (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Pro Tools ultimate trial issue (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=408076)

travisrex 01-15-2020 08:11 PM

Pro Tools ultimate trial issue

2 Attachment(s)
I signed up for the Ultimate trial as I'm thinking of upgrading from standard and AVID deposited a Pro Tools First licence onto my ilok account. I downloaded the installer from my AVID master account page and installed but it hasn't added any Ultimate features. Does Ultimate and and Standard share the same installer?? Confused...

Southsidemusic 01-16-2020 03:47 AM

Re: Pro Tools ultimate trial issue

It’s the same installer but PT First is a far cry from PT Ultimate or Standard.

The PT First should Not be deposited if you did the correct steps to demo PTU.

JFreak 01-16-2020 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travisrex (Post 2551036)
I signed up for the Ultimate trial as I'm thinking of upgrading from standard (...) but it hasn't added any Ultimate features. Does Ultimate and and Standard share the same installer?

Yes, it is the same software. Ultimate features are unlocked by the Ultimate license, which your license bundle does not have, so that is why you are only seeing standard features.

My license bundle has the following licenses:
  • Pro Tools 10
  • Pro Tools 11
  • Pro Tools 12
  • Pro Tools DigiLink I/O
  • Pro Tools HD 10
  • Pro Tools HD 11
  • Pro Tools HD 12
  • Pro Tools Perpetual
  • Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual

Southsidemusic 01-16-2020 04:37 AM

He is trying to demo the Ultimate so a Ultimate license should have been deposited and it doesn’t matter what license he has since the demo license would open both Standard and Ultimate.

Really missed what you are answering to?

JFreak 01-16-2020 04:39 AM

Screenshot of his licenses does not show HD/Ultimate

Southsidemusic 01-16-2020 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2551070)
Screenshot of his licenses does not show HD/Ultimate

So something is wrong with the trial deposite as he mentioned in the first post where he said he got a PTF license deposited and not a PTU trial license.

I would delete all the demo stuff and redo the trial and make sure everything is filled out correctly as you should get a PTU license into the ilok account.

Have you looked in your ilok account under available licenses and made sure that the license is on the ilok key and synced with the account?

travisrex 01-16-2020 10:22 PM

Yeah its strange - Instead of depositing a Pro Tools ultimate licence AVID deposited a Pro Tools first one. I have refreshed my ilok account and still no Pro Tools Ultimate trial.

When I go to my master account I can clearly see the Ultimate trail. I don't see a method of getting a new licence issued.

Is the fact I have a Pro Tools Standard perpetual licence on my ilok relevant?

travisrex 01-16-2020 10:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just to double check, I started a new account and followed the same steps using my ilok account and yet again I got another Pro Tools first licence!

What am I doing wrong....?

JFreak 01-17-2020 01:04 AM

Escalated

soundasleep 01-20-2020 02:50 PM

Is your iLok account linked to the Avid master account? Avid cannot deposit it unless its linked. Its definitely "Ultimate" in your Avid account in the 1st pic.