Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Can't Access Hardware Setup Dialogue in Pro Tools (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=299306)

andylou 04-15-2011 10:32 PM

Can't Access Hardware Setup Dialogue in Pro Tools

Hello,

I have just purchased a new MBox 3 without the software (already had it). I am running ProTools 8.0.4 on my Mac Pro 10.6.6.

Although Pro Tools let's me listen and record audio onto my sessions, it doesn't act the way it should. 2 things. First of all I can't access the Hardware setup dialogue. Setup>Hardware. It just won't pop up or appear. Does anyone know the reason for this?

And secondly, when I hit Dim/Mono at the same time the control panel doesn't appear for the tuner. Same with the multi button - nothing happens, but all else seems to work.

Can someone please help?

Thanks.

autbra 08-13-2011 09:32 AM

Re: Can't Access Hardware Setup Dialogue in Pro Tools

I'm having the same problem so I'm curious if you came up with an answer to your problem.

cneal92 08-13-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andylou (Post 1783083)
Hello,

I have just purchased a new MBox 3 without the software (already had it). I am running ProTools 8.0.4 on my Mac Pro 10.6.6.

Although Pro Tools let's me listen and record audio onto my sessions, it doesn't act the way it should. 2 things. First of all I can't access the Hardware setup dialogue. Setup>Hardware. It just won't pop up or appear. Does anyone know the reason for this?

No window appears? Or just not the window that allows you to setup your Avid Hardware? If the later, what is your Current Engine set to in the Playback Engine? I'm guessing you may be using the Pro Tools Aggregate I/O, which is generally not recommended unless you absolutely need it.

guitar1965 08-13-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cneal92 (Post 1824617)
No window appears? Or just not the window that allows you to setup your Avid Hardware? If the later, what is your Current Engine set to in the Playback Engine? I'm guessing you may be using the Pro Tools Aggregate I/O, which is generally not recommended unless you absolutely need it.

Same problem here. No window appears at all when selecting Hardware under setup. Under playback engine on mine - Avid Mbox. Cannot use the Multi nutton on the Mbox 3 either - how can it setup if you can't get into the hardware setup?

andylou 08-15-2011 03:19 AM

Hi forum,

I am the original post.

No, I still haven't had resolution for my problem. I am waiting to buy Pro Tools 9 and will hope that works. Good luck all.

PS - My recording doesn't seem to be affected though.

Andrew.