Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   ICON & C|24 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Icon Video Tutorials? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=196151)

chord 04-27-2007 01:05 PM

Icon Video Tutorials?

Is anyone aware of any video tutorials for the D-Command? I've already taken a training course, but that was a while ago and I'd like something that I can watch from time to time to keep the techniques that I don't use often in my work-flow fresh in my head.

ARTHANOR Productions 04-28-2007 01:48 PM

Re: Icon Video Tutorials?

AMEN !!!

tstemland 04-29-2007 11:25 PM

A very good idea indeed!

Best regards
Tord Stemland

GlennR01 04-30-2007 05:21 PM

I'd be happy to video tape Gil Gowering at my studio Come on, Gil, let's roll our own.

Tord, do you know Morten Abel? I think he lives in Stavanger...

tstemland 05-01-2007 04:37 AM

GlennR01,

As far as I am aware Morten Abel lives both in Stavanger and Oslo. He has made some great songs and is very popular in Norway. I have never had the pleasure of working with him but my business partner has. As far as I understand Abel actually has his own HD-rig in Stavanger.

Anyway, if you make an ICON tutorial I will buy it!!!

Best regards
Tord Stemland

cajonezzz 09-27-2007 03:50 PM

I'd like to suggest that we do our own, starting with the most basic functions... assigining busses/inserts, custom fader uses and set up, and try to limit them to a couple minutes, and just post to Youtube, create some kinda useres group that constantly grows, ala the Kenny Gioa tips and tricks thread.

i know digi is working on something ( they said last year) but I think they also want to push their VERY expensive dedicated Icon training course.

the quality dosent have to be that great... just good content.

Anyone in?

cz

GlennR01 09-28-2007 05:21 AM

Gil? You talk, I'll tape. Free steak

Drew Mazurek 09-28-2007 05:29 AM

Quote:

I'd like to suggest that we do our own, starting with the most basic functions... assigining busses/inserts, custom fader uses and set up, and try to limit them to a couple minutes, and just post to Youtube, create some kinda useres group that constantly grows, ala the Kenny Gioa tips and tricks thread.

i know digi is working on something ( they said last year) but I think they also want to push their VERY expensive dedicated Icon training course.

the quality dosent have to be that great... just good content.

Anyone in?

cz

Once I know the thing I'll be glad to contribute, until then you guys would be teaching me!!! I'd love to see stuff like this.

theflyest1 10-01-2007 08:39 PM

Quote:

Once I know the thing I'll be glad to contribute, until then you guys would be teaching me!!! I'd love to see stuff like this.

I'm in the same boat...just got my D-Command a few days ago, and tryin' to learn this beast! Tony Sheppard is working on a Mixing ITB video tutorial and I believe he'll be using an ICON. I wonder if Digi will come out with some "Accelerated Videos" for the ICON, or even something more in depth. There is a definite need for this...

Lohit

Drew Mazurek 10-04-2007 04:03 AM

Come on guys!!! I am specifically interested in advanced automation workflows on the D Command.