Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Attention Avid Audio: Where do I send the bill? - Solved by installation of CS2 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=269242)

Shan 03-12-2010 08:38 PM

Attention Avid Audio: Where do I send the bill? - Solved by installation of CS2

**Scroll down for a recent news update regarding this issue by DTS.

Attention Avid, this is 8.0.3 in XP downloaded off of your website. :eek: Pick up your damn phone!! You owe me an NS-10 tweeter and I'm pretty pissed right now! :mad: :mad:

Not only does this junk release blow monitors, it's extremely dangerous to people's ears and hearing! YOU are responsible and liable for this. I suggest you pull it from the website with a warning to current users ASAP.

...and don't even dare ask me for a Sandra report or if I'm running an "approved" system.

This extremely dangerous issue has been going on for literally years. It has been reported on HD, LE and M-powered on both PC and Mac...including VENUE:
I'll end the tabulated list here as it's very far from complete and it goes back many many years.

Avid Audio, what is it going to take for this to be top priority? Hearing damage on your customers and their clientele?

This warning has been published to 70,000+ subscribers on the A.I.R Users Blog. Another warning to our fellow PT users has been published at Audio Geek Zine and Harmony Central. I'd advise everyone using XP and 8.0.3 not to gamble with their ears and roll back to 8.0.1cs1 or 7.4.

The community has been taking responsibility for this en masse. The question is, what are YOU doing about this Avid Audio?

Shane

**News update on this issue from DTS:

Here is a recent reply from DTS on this matter:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt (Post 1575607)
I hate to interrupt, but I have some serious and hopefully good news - but I need some help and so I'm turning to you for it.

We have addressed the white noise with a fix, however we don't have any solid in-house repro cases with which to test it, so I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in getting an updater from us, giving it a go and letting us know if you experience any further issues.

We understand the nature of what we're asking you to do and so we only want participants that have a genuine interest in testing this and who are at least passingly familiar with testing so we can get as solid info as possible.

If you are interested and able to test it this weekend. please send and email with your name, email address and configuration information so we can send you the proper CS installer.

vi [at] digidesign [dot] com

Please put 'CS2 testing' in the subject.

Thanks in advance for your help - you're doing me a big favor..!

Shane

sunburst79 03-12-2010 09:02 PM

Re: Attention Avid Audio: Where do I send the bill?

Ouch!

TOM@METRO 03-12-2010 09:04 PM

It got ya did it. I'm impressed with the screenshot, sorry to hear about the expensive tweater, I'd be pissed too.

Keybeeetsss 03-12-2010 09:18 PM

Yeah I didn't blow any tweeters but I had 12 headphones goin the other day & V'Wadda ya kno!!! Farkin blasts!!! It hadn't happened to me much but what the perfect time for it to happen:rolleyes:

TOM@METRO 03-12-2010 09:20 PM

Just went back and changed bios to boot with XP 8.0.1cs1. See my sig.

Shan 03-12-2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keybeeetsss (Post 1571329)
Yeah I didn't blow any tweeters but I had 12 headphones goin the other day & V'Wadda ya kno!!! Farkin blasts!!! It hadn't happened to me much but what the perfect time for it to happen:rolleyes:

That is not good news to hear. That had the potential of damaging a lot of ears at once. :eek: Some people do like their headphones fairly loud. This is a massive liability and it should be immediately pulled from the download page with a warning issued to those still using it.

Shane

dave911 03-12-2010 09:30 PM

Even hurts on the screen shot!
Tweeters can at least be replaced.

Keybeeetsss 03-12-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan (Post 1571333)
That is not good news to hear. That had the potential of damaging a lot of ears at once. :eek: Some people do like their headphones fairly loud.
Shane

Yeahppp!!! We're talkin a choir & gospel music so it was nuthin but loud!!!

I said I was gonna go back to the .1 drive but I hadn't done it yet...

jeam25 03-12-2010 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan (Post 1571306)
Hey Avid, this is 8.0.3 in XP downloaded off of your website. :eek: Pick up your damn phone!! You owe me an NS-10 tweeter and I'm pretty pissed right now! :mad: :mad:

Not only does this blow monitors, it's extremely dangerous to people's ears and hearing! YOU are responsible and liable for this. I suggest you pull it from the website with a warning ASAP.

...and don't even dare asking me for a Sandra report or if I'm running an "approved" system.

Shane

:D I was very pissed off sometime ago BUT this time .... its serious AVIDESIGN !

Maybe on the next days i bring back again some of my old post ...
I told you digi youre going doowwwnnnnn !!! If you dont start to take
your users more serious ... and start make the things right .
Starting with the BOORING and PREHISTORIC theme of ADC !!!!

:( Sorry shane !!

Shan 03-12-2010 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave911 (Post 1571334)
Even hurts on the screen shot!
Tweeters can at least be replaced.

Listen to how low the music is compared to the blasts of noise in my video example. If I had the cans on listening at a loud level there would be the potential of hearing damage. :eek:

NS-10 tweeters are not easy to replace unfortunately. :(

Shane